Lords of the Feywild

In this installment of Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: The Party takes a break, while a kitten has an incredible adventure! It’s bloody fun (or disgusting)!

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: "What About The Cartmel Master Plan?" Edition

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Negative Nelly Edition

1. November 2, 2013 at 2:25 pm — Reply

So much awesome in this episode, where do I even begin? Ket’s Egg-baby situation is primed and ready for puns (egg-stortion, egg-splinations, egg-scuses, egg-setera).
    So much awsome. SO MUCH. Cannot contain my squee.

• Gallibond Boondoggle
      December 13, 2013 at 9:26 am — Reply

I think a new plot line is hatching…

2. Anna
    November 3, 2013 at 12:29 am — Reply

Randus X Wicker Gnat. Time to write some fan fics!

• November 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm — Reply

Based on the questions she was asking Randus, I think Gnat is interested in Ket…

Which makes things interesting considering she saw Ket walking back to his room, apparently butt-nekked, covered in runes, with an egg.

3. Adam
    November 3, 2013 at 7:05 am — Reply

Loved the episode. Orem and his flaming sword +1 of kill your friends, Ket’s spirit egg – all brilliant.
    Just one thing that bothered me – Trelle’s new armor, I loved how she got it but Rodrigo said it was +3 Counterstrike Darkhide? Doesn’t Darkhide have a minimum enhancement of +4? Did he mean +3 Counterstrike Earthhide?

• November 3, 2013 at 1:05 pm — Reply

you’re right. I was incorrect, you’ll hear the retraction, like 5 episodes from now.

4. Mile
    November 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm — Reply

I have a feeling there will be new clan soon, the Guardian ginger kittens.
    Also I like forward to the evil trell chicken.

5. Colin Brady
    November 3, 2013 at 5:30 pm — Reply

This episode is just so perfect. I love it. I love it all.

Also I think we got at least 4 new ships from this episode alone.

6. November 3, 2013 at 11:45 pm — Reply

The blood related puns were epic. :D

7. Ron
    November 4, 2013 at 8:17 am — Reply

Thank you so much for one of the funniest episodes ever :)

8. PureChaosDI
    November 5, 2013 at 1:50 am — Reply

Has anyone here read His Dark Materials? because it sounds to me like Ket is getting a daemon.

9. November 5, 2013 at 10:22 am — Reply

I’ve listened to this episode twice. I’m still confused about the kitten reference. Could somebody explain the deal with the kitten footprints?

• November 5, 2013 at 5:38 pm — Reply

Torq found a kitten while he was exploring the city.

• November 8, 2013 at 12:56 pm — Reply

I guess I overlooked that. Thanks Rob.

10. November 8, 2013 at 12:44 pm — Reply

“Its hold itself together with the power of your disgust.” Is the best description ever.

11. XantharTheFlame
    November 20, 2013 at 4:03 pm — Reply

So much awesome!! You were all amazing this episode, and for the first time in months you had me laughing out loud. All of the blood puns were the best, but what actually happened was so interesting. And Rodrigo’s ability to tie it all together is sheer genius.

I guess I never thought about it before, but referring to Torq as a Paladin is actually pretty close to truth. I was thinking of him as a Fighter/Cleric multi-class, which I guess by the rules he is, but from an in-game NPC perspective he definitely *would* come across as a Paladin. So cool.

Keep it up lady & gents!

12. November 25, 2013 at 11:03 am — Reply

I’m surprised that no one made a Torqeltones reference when everyone wanted to sing to the evil Trelle vomiting chicken egg!

13. Mike C
    December 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm — Reply

I believe the correct billing is “Kitten & Torq”

14. Timothy
    October 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm — Reply

brian’s quiet “..or mother?” you can hear him barely keeping from laughing. #1 humor.

15. August 17, 2015 at 11:26 pm — Reply

Wait, when did Kill Your Friends talk to Ket? I don’t remember that.

16. Kyle McDonald
    October 1, 2015 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Just finished this episode and can’t believe a Yu Yu Hakusho Puu reference wasn’t made.