Recent news about the return of Miracleman (perhaps finally completing the legendary lost tale by Gaiman and Buckingham) have me super-excited about the future of comics, but Micky Moran’s azure alter ego isn’t the only big return extant.  Fans of Angela were psyched to see her return in the pages of Marvel Comics, while the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents have relaunched at IDW, along with Cartoon Network mainstays The Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack (the subject of this week’s Dueling Review!)  Truly, we live in interesting times to be a comic book fan, but even with as many licensed, revamped and reworked properties are in play, there are still hundreds on the shelf, which in turn begs a query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) is still waiting for the full-fledged return of Malibu’s Ultraverse, and expects to keep waiting, asking:  What character or characters past do you most want to see revived and given a big marketing push?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

SOLICITATIONS: BOOM! Studios Announces Deceivers

MOVIES: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer is Here!

1. October 24, 2013 at 12:11 pm — Reply

Gummie Bears. Come on, that world is ripe for a steampunkish treatment.

2. Zombi
    October 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm — Reply

The Elementals!

• Rob
      October 24, 2013 at 3:46 pm — Reply

Ooh, yes please, somebody call Bill Willingham and make this happen.

• Kirby
        October 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm — Reply

I’d be SO on board with this (need to pick up the 2nd volume), but seriously I want this to happen.

3. October 24, 2013 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Southern Knights

4. joe
    October 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm — Reply

I do not understand at ALL why there isn’t a successful Firefly/Serenity ongoing comic book. I think Dark Horse has done a great job with the minis and the one shots but COME ON! My only guess is that Whedon doesn’t want to lay down any “canon” in the hopes of eventually getting around to more himself, but the show is ten years old at this point and comics seems like the best medium to continue the story.

As far as comic relaunches, the only one that jumps to mind is the Giffen DeMatties Magiure JLI, but we actually got that a few years back.

I’d love to see Boris the Bear come back.

And Disney comics of course.

• October 24, 2013 at 5:34 pm — Reply

But they did just announce recently (late last month) that there would finally be some post “Serenity” comics coming out soon that would finally reveal more of the story after the movie, so that is already sort of coming into play.

5. October 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm — Reply

Don’t know about you but I would like to see the back story for the Psycho Pirate. The only thing I know about him is that he assisted in the destruction during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. and I feel like it would be a pretty solid bad guy to bring back to the mainstream, I for one don’t know his back story, or why he became a villain, but I would like to see that brought up again. From what I read he seems to be a very interesting character.

6. Luis Dantas
    October 24, 2013 at 5:22 pm — Reply

I would love to read some new Avengers comics. And Superman, too.

7. Oldcomicfan
    October 24, 2013 at 8:26 pm — Reply

That’s an easy one. I’d like to see them complete the Tenchi Muyo series. Not the Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi in Love, Tenchi Muyo galaxy Police, Magical Girl Pretty Sammy or any of the lessor “sequels”, but the original 6 OVA series. Every extension to date completely ignores the original storyline and redefines the characters, and the animation and production quality gets worse and worse. I’d like to see them go back and finish off the original story line as if all the garbage than followed didn’t exist.

8. October 24, 2013 at 10:17 pm — Reply

Tex Murphy. I loved those games! Futuristic noir private eye stuff. Really fun.

9. October 25, 2013 at 5:58 am — Reply

Grimjack, Nexus and the Elementals would all be great. Is it too soon to say Legion of Super-Heroes?

10. Frank
    October 25, 2013 at 8:13 am — Reply

@Joe
    Yes! Boris the Bear. He would be perfect for lampooning comic, especially event comics.

11. Goofball814
    October 25, 2013 at 12:02 pm — Reply

US-1. The market is totally ready for a mini-series about a truck driver out to avenge his brother!

12. October 25, 2013 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Grendel (Christine Spar) can come back in my opinion.
    I would also like to see The Black Hood from Impact Comics.