DC Comics was out in full force at the New York Comic Con, and we’ve taken all their panels, and announcements, and give you just the bits you need, on one handy article you can take with you wherever you go.
- SPOILER! It’s true, DC is finally bringing back Stephanie Brown – or is it introducing Stephanie Brown – to the New 52 in the pages of Batman: Eternal. Her first appearance will be in Batman: Eternal #3.
- Likewise, Red Robin (Tim Drake) will be a major character in the Batman: Eternal series
- Anyone notice Nightwing is missing from that Batman: Eternal cover?
- If you don’t know what Batman: Eternal is, perhaps you didn’t hear the news that one more Batman title will appear on the stands each week.
- The Joker is getting a new voice – take a listen to it here!
- Year Zero of Red Hood and the Outlaws will focus on Jason Todd as a young teenager in Gotham.
- The legend of the Gotham Butcher will be revealed in an upcoming issue of Talon.
- Kevin Smith is working on a Batman mini-series with Walt Flanagan. Three issues are done, with a fourth currently being worked on.
- DC is still celebrating 75 years of Superman, during the San Diego Comic Con, we learned that a Superman 75 animated short was being created that would show all the incarnations of Superman in one take. While NYCC attendees got to see the short, the rest of us will get to see it on the Cartoon Network on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 6:58pm ET.
- If you don’t have your DVR set correctly, the short will appear on the extras of the Man of Steel Blu-ray release.
- The Supers will travel back in time to try and save Krypton. No. Really.
- Superboy will make the “ultimate sacrifice” in order to stop the universe from falling apart.
- Jon Lane Kent will appear in Superboy #26. Who is Jon Lane Kent? He’s the original son of Clark and Lois from an alternate future.
- Zod will show up soon, as will Parasite.
- Lights Out – No, not an homage to an old timey radio show, but something really bad happening to the Lantern across the universe.
- Oa may look a whole lot different after the big reveal in Green Lantern Corps #24
- You haven’t seen the last of Artocitus.
- The Justice League: War animated feature will arrive in early 2014 – adapted from the first six issues of the New 52 JL run.
- Look for justice to be dispensed, Canadian style in Justice League Canada.
- John Constantine is one of the few heroes to escape the wrath of the Crime Syndicate, and may be joining the “bad guys.”
- Daniel West is going to become even more twisted and monstrous following his time traveling.
- Still no Wally West
- Kara gets into a bit of trouble with Kal-El involving a fake I.D. and a night on the town with Huntress. Look for the story to play out in the Earth-2 Annual.
- DC announced it would bring Vampire Diaries to the digital storefront on Halloween. The anthology was announced at SDCC, with stories being written by B. Clay Moore, Colleen Doran< Leah Moore, John Reppion, Tony Shasteen, and Cat Staggs.
— Franco (@awyeahfranco) October 13, 2013