NYCC’13: ComixTribe Announces NYCC Exclusive and Guest Signing Schedule
Two days before the New York Comic Con opens, ComixTribe has announced its plans for the big show, including a number of creator signings and a NYCC Exclusive book! Tyler James (The Red Ten, Oxymoron, EPIC), John Lees (The Standard, And Then Emily Was Gone), and Joe Mulvey (SCAM) will be at the ComixTribe booths #1170-1172 in the Small Press Alley on the main show floor.
One-Shot Comic + Custom SCAM Pint Glass
(Limited to 100 Copies)
SCAM Presents: PINT features three shots of comic goodness by up-and-coming creators, with a cover by SCAM creator Joe Mulvey.
My Name Is Pint
“The rest of the crew would never guess what their resident party animal, Pint, does with his free time. Sometimes the scammer is actually scamming himself.”
Writer – Josh Flanagan (The Remote, Boston Chapter 1)
Artist – Doug Hills – (Place Name Here, Dixon’s Notch)
Color – Hugo Froes – (The Red Ten)
“After a con goes awry, the crew seek solace at a local bar, but Pint isn’t one to let a bad day ruin his entertainment!”
Writer – Steve Colle (SCAM)
Artist – Kirk Manley (Z-Girl and the 4 Tigers)
Color – Miguel Marques (ARGO)
“Pint has a very unique gift: the more alcohol he drinks, the stronger, faster and more durable he gets. But when he’s given a near-impossible mission, just how much booze is he willing to chug to get the job done? And just how much of it will he remember in the morning?”
Writer – John Lees (The Standard)
Artist – Alex Cormack (OXYMORON: Volume 1)
NYCC Guest Creator Signing Schedule: Booths #1170-1172
- Rich Douek (Gutter Magic, Oxymoron Vol 1, SCAMthology) – Friday, October 11, 11:00-12:30
- Kirk Manley (Z-Girl and the 4 Tigers, SCAMthology) – Friday, October 11, 1:00-2:30
- Charles Paul Wilson, III (The Stuff of Legend, Wraith, SCAMthology) – Friday, October 11, 3:00-4:30
- Doug Hills (Dixon’s Notch, SCAMthology) – Friday, October 11, 5:00-6:30
- Amy Chu (Girl’s Night Out, SCAMthology) – Saturday, October 12, 11:00-12:30
- Mark Poulton (Avengelyne, Koni Waves, Oxymoron) – Saturday, October 12, 1:00-2:30
- Rafer Roberts (Plastic Farm, SCAMthology) – Saturday, October 12, 3:00-4:30
- Alex Cormack (2 Red Heads and a Dead Blonde, Oxymoron, SCAMthology) – Sunday, October 13, 11:00-12:30
- Rafer Roberts (Plastic Farm, SCAMthology) – Sunday, October 13, 1:00-2:30
Joe Mulvey (SCAM), Tyler James (THE RED TEN, EPIC, OXYMORON), John Lees (And Then Emily Was Gone) and ComixTribe Editor Sam Lebas will be at the booths all weekend long!
Stay Tuned for a Major New Title Announcement from ComixTribe Every Day of the Show!
ComixTribe is a publisher of creator-owned comics, including SCAM, The Red Ten, The Standard, and more. In addition to being a publishing imprint, ComixTribe is also an online community, with the mission statement: Creators helping creators make better comics. ComixTribe also sponsors the annual 30 Characters Challenge, an online art event where participants challenge themselves to create 30 brand new characters in just 30 days, one for every day of November.