Thor: The Dark World is inching closer and closer to its release date and with that comes interviews with the cast. Natalie Portman had some interesting comments about the possibility of a coming female led superhero movie from Marvel recently and you can read what she said after the jump.

When Natalie Portman sat down with SciFiNow she said this about the possibility of a female lead:

There are definitely many strong women, but it will be exciting when there is a central female character which I think is coming – I have heard [it] is coming – and, of course, also a central non-white character will also be exciting. Title characters.\

But they do definitely have strong female characters in them and I think it’s a testament to the people who run Marvel, their respect, their just normal human respect for women, the way they want to characterise them; you can tell when men talk to you, as just a person or as a ‘woman’

While it certainly no official announcement of female led Marvel movie, one would think that Natalie would have some insider information about new possible projects coming from The House of Mouse/Ideas.

Get your speculative brain working and make your best guess for what character Marvel could be planning and feature treatment for. Or, tell us who you wish they would cast as the lead in the comments below!

via SciFiNow

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

REVIEW: Breaking Bad "Granite State"

New Comic Releases for September 25, 2018

1. SmarkingOut Adam
    September 24, 2013 at 9:29 am — Reply

Since I have severe doubts about getting the Kitty Pryde movie I’d love to see, I’m pulling for Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk.

2. September 24, 2013 at 12:50 pm — Reply

I would love, love, love a Spiderwoman movie. They can have all my money.

3. Rob
    September 24, 2013 at 2:34 pm — Reply

I think a Spider woman movie would be tricky from a rights point of view but a Jessica Drew film could happen.

4. September 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm — Reply

I don’t know. I think she has her PR face on. This is the same person that from I hear was dragged to the Thor 2 set because of contract and not because she wanted to be there. She might not know anything but felt like she had to get positive press about her employers.

That being said, I’d really like to see a Black Widow movie. I think Scarlett Johansen did a great job, I think she can be a leading action star and from what Mathew says there is a lot of Story behind the character.

5. Barry Maggard
    September 24, 2013 at 8:34 pm — Reply

does anyone else think cloak and dagger. There is your strong female character and a leading non white character lead. Marvel seems to be looking at not only the staple marvel characters such as iron man and cap but also not as well known characters that i think they can more easily put a spin on than dealing with the well known lore of the more central characters

6. Luis Dantas
    September 24, 2013 at 8:52 pm — Reply

Cloak and Dagger seems a great fit, yes.

7. DarkSidhe
    September 25, 2013 at 8:44 am — Reply

I hadn’t thought of Cloak and Dagger, but that sounds great.