This fall will mark the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who and to celebrate the BBC is releasing a special episode to commemorate the occasion. If you weren’t excited enough already, the BBC has now released a poster for the special episode that features Matt Smith and David Tennant!

“’The Day of the Doctor’ is nearly here!” says Smith. “Hope you all enjoy. There’s lots more coming your way, as the countdown to the 50th begins now.”

“50 years has turned Doctor Who from a television show into a cultural landmark,” says Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer. “Personally I can’t wait to see what it becomes after a hundred.”

day-of-the-doctor

So, what do you think? Does it make you want November 23 to be here today? Fill you with hesitation? Not change your thoughts at all? Let us know in the comments below!

via Superhero Hype

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Scarlett's Wonderful, But Good Luck Spelling Her Last Name Edition

SOLICITATIONS: Aspen Comics for December 2013

1. September 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm — Reply

If what it’s rumored to be about it true, I wish they would’ve tried to get McGann into. There are some pics of the audio serials that got me super pumped, but then let back down when I found out what they were from.

I wish they would spend more time on this story arc than they will probably end up doing, but I can’t complain too much because I haven’t seen it yet.

November needs to hurry up.

• September 11, 2013 at 6:07 pm — Reply

From what I understand, McGann stated in an interview earlier in the year that he’d still be willing to do a last minute scene if they asked. I was really hoping they’d have tried to include him after that to at least give him one more on-screen appearance as The Doctor (not including flashbacks to scenes from the TV movie or the scene where someone dressed as him ran past Clara).

I’m still not finished hoping we’ll see him one more time. After all, he met his past selves in his novel adventures, and there is a theory that was hinted at in the scene where both 2nd and 8th Doctors ran past Clara, so maybe one of the later Doctors will eventually cross paths with him in a similar manner.

2. Arbor Day
    September 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm — Reply

I wish Eccleston would show up as a surprise.

3. September 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm — Reply

Well I hope Captain Jack shows up, but all and all I am counting the days till I watch this over and over again.

EXCITED !!!!!!!!

4. Kirby
    September 11, 2013 at 5:59 pm — Reply

I know it’s not going to happen, and I’m still looking forward to it, but come on get the rest of the Doctors for even a cameo.

5. September 13, 2013 at 4:11 am — Reply

The only part of this I’m even a little miffed at is Billie Piper. Her two season were fine. Let her be. Please. The constant coming back just got a little annoying. She has a Doctor all to herself now. I;m all for bringing people back, but let’s give someone else a chance to be back. regardless, I will prolly still love this and i can’t wait to see what happens. (Rose had better be darn good)

6. September 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm — Reply

I am very excited for this. My big question is whether John Hurt is the Eighth Doctor or another we have yet to see.

• September 13, 2013 at 10:31 pm — Reply

If you really want to know, there are a few sites that have some interviews with Hurt where he apparently unintentionally gave it away. I don’t really want to say in case you’d rather be surprised, but it is something that I was angry with at first, but then I later came to think works perfectly, if you consider the wording of the scene at the end of “The Name of the Doctor”.

• September 14, 2013 at 2:41 pm — Reply

I prefer to be like Professor Song with her diary. I will review that ending. I haven’t seen it since it aired. I am currently going through all of the seasons in the 2000’s with my children in order to get ready for the change.
        My children are 5, 5, and 4 and know more about the Doctor than most people I know.