For decades, comic racks were filled with the adventures of funny-animal/cartoon characters, from Atom Ant to…  something that starts with Z?  In any case, these characters often lived regular lives, with jobs, cars and even vaults full of gold, all the while getting to enjoy the benefits of their anthropomorphic animal status.  The dogs had enhanced canine senses, the bunnies could tunnel through the earth as a method of transportation, the ducks could fly, and roughly 40% of characters were allowed to wander about without pants on, truly a better world.  I think that, given my choice, I’d probably want to be a duck, so that I could go into stores, gank what I needed and tell the proprietors, “Just put it on my bill!”  Also, any time I was sick, I could call it a mallardy.  Plus, there’s a one-in-five chance that my uncle would be rich, which in turn, begs a question…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) shoulda taken that left toin at Albukoikee, asking: If you got to choose, what kind of cartoon animal would you be?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: 'Zach Woolf And The Three Nerds' The Is My Duran Duran Cover Band

RETRO REVIEW: Thor #133 (October 1966)

1. September 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm — Reply

I’d be a bunny. With superspeed. Because, y’know. Superspeed.

2. Kirby
    September 8, 2013 at 3:21 pm — Reply

I’d be a turtle, because it seems to be such an unassuming animal, but in the end it always wins. Plus I want to follow in the footsteps of other great fictional turtles Cecil, the Ninja Turtles, and Gamera.

3. slimeknight
    September 8, 2013 at 7:17 pm — Reply

My childhood leans me toward mutant ninja turtle but I think being a rabbit would be much more fun.

4. September 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm — Reply

I’d be an owl and I’d sing-a about the moon-a and the june-a and the spring-a

5. September 8, 2013 at 8:50 pm — Reply

Tundro from the Herculoids.

6. September 8, 2013 at 10:31 pm — Reply

I’m not sure. At various times, I’ve imagined a turtle (like TMNT, but not like Venus), a bunny, a cat, a dragon or a hybrid type (like a gryphon or manticore).

Although if one of my Second Life avatars is any indication, it would most likely be an anthromorphic alien tiger, slightly more human than animal (similar to the Catkind of Doctor Who).

7. Zombi
    September 8, 2013 at 10:31 pm — Reply

This questions seems a bit too Furry for me…

8. September 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm — Reply

I’ve always felt like a sloth most accurately portrayed my temperament. So yeah, I’d be a cartoon sloth, because they never get eaten by eagles in cartoons like they do in real life. Hanging out in a tree all day sleeping? Sounds awesome.

9. Arbor Day
    September 9, 2013 at 1:07 am — Reply

I dunno, are we talking Warner Bros. cartoon animals or Disney. The former you’d largely be smarter than humans but still live in the wild. While the latter, its mostly just anthropomorphized animal-people living relatively normal lives. Well there’s also the Hanna-Barbara bunch…

I guess a do do, or a Tasmanian devil.