As many of you may known, RoboCop is getting the remake treatment but before today we have only seen on-set images of the suit. Now we can all finally see that suit in action as the first trailer for RoboCop was been released!

I only have this to say: Make sure to listen to next week’s Top 5 and then come back and watch this trailer again. You might watch it in a whole new manner.

What did you think of the trailer? Does it make you want to head to the theater in February and watch all the action on the big screen? Let us know all your thoughts in the comments below!

RoboCop opens in theaters on February 7, 2014.

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

REVIEW: Batman Black and White #1

TEASER: Is She...?

1. Kirby
    September 6, 2013 at 9:52 am — Reply

Yeah, I’m just going to pass on this completely. First the new suit? Ugh, I’m sick of Bat-Envy. I liked how in the original, Robocop was emotionless once the process was in motion; not the emotion fueled machine that it appears here. Plus a car bomb? Uninspired compared to the original’s getting just showered with bullets.

It’s not these things individually that ruin, but combined it gives the impression of a bland, boring, and sanitized Robocop. Now I understand you have to appeal to the wide audiences, but could it not look so paint by numbers?

2. Cent
    September 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm — Reply

Looks a bit too remake(y) for my tastes. With the possible exception of him knowing about his past from the outset, which could add a nice layer to the plot.

I’m saying good enough for Netflix, not going to draw me to the theaters. Though perhaps the folks who didn’t grow up with Robocop, as I did, will be more interested.

3. September 7, 2013 at 5:15 am — Reply

I don’t think it looks terrible in any sort of way, but it doesn’t really get me pumped enough to run out to see it at the theater when it comes out. I don’t have any real attachment to the first movie so it’s not even the remake aspect that is bugging me, it just seems like a very standard, bland action movie to me.

Well, that and the fact that I have problems when Swedish accents comes through when people are speaking English, but that’s more of a personal thing.

4. September 7, 2013 at 6:23 am — Reply

The folks that aren’t familiar with the the sour e material will probably eat this up. Since the first pictures were shown of the new suit I was kinda meh. The plot point of him knowing who he was is interesting for sure. But again like most of Hollywood they have given away the cool parts in the trailer.

5. SpiderLover
    September 7, 2013 at 10:53 am — Reply

I’m not sold, it feels off? I don’t know what it is about that trailer, it just feels off. I dont think i’ll see this in theatre but maybe on Netflix or something like that. Hopefully someone else can speak to it being great, I love optimism.

6. Lapis
    September 8, 2013 at 10:10 pm — Reply

I think a big thing that is missing in this movie and was a big part of the originals coolness is Peter Weller, more specifically his voice. This guy player robocop just doesnt have the robocop voice which I think is just as iconic as his original look. I think thats part of whats making it seem off for people. Listen to that iconic line at the end of the trasiler, it comes of very limp not spoken by Weller or someone else with the right voice. I think Im with others when I say it doenst look terrible but its just doesnt look exciting either.

7. September 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm — Reply

I have to say, YES I will be in a midnight showing of this. Not saying its going to be great but I will be there for the ride. But no more trailers for me, all they needed was 30 sec of stuff and I would be in.

8. September 9, 2013 at 4:57 pm — Reply

I was really into this as a kid. I even watched the cartoon. I’m not sure if I’ll be anything but angry after watching this. I’ll wait and see on this one.