Major Spoilerite, Silvergray sent us another deep probing question for this week’s Poll of the Week.  While we look at really smart people and marvel at how they’ve transformed our way of thinking, secretly we’re wondering how they would do in a battle arena…

Let’s find out, shall we?

FIGHT!

Who would win in a fight?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

COMICS PORTAL: If I Don’t Know About It, It Obviously Sucks!

VIDEO GAMES: Cyborg Superman in Injustice

1. August 13, 2013 at 11:32 am — Reply

Tyson is nearly defeated when Bill Nye summoned the kids from his former show. This raggedy band of CHUD-like mutants swarms Tyson, muttering science facts while trying to suffocate him. Nearly out of breath, Tyson resorts to his final option. Pressing a button on his watch, Tyson unleashes a torrent of dark matter, instantly nullifying everyone. *Bloop* Gone! Double KO.

2. kaptaran
    August 13, 2013 at 11:38 am — Reply

While I must admit that Bill Nye’s Bow Tie is a formidable accessory, there is no stopping Neal deGrasse Tyson’s epic mustache

3. August 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm — Reply

Bill Nye can rig some sort of ranged attack on Tyson, striking at him from a distance with a carbonation-propelled Coke bottle. *plink* One good shot to the head and DOWN GOES TYSON!

4. Dabidu
    August 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm — Reply

Who’s Neil deGrasse Tyson?

5. August 13, 2013 at 1:31 pm — Reply

The smug smirk on deGrasse Tyson evokes a Batman-esque “I’ve planned 6 steps ahead for every possible outcome” vibe.
    NGT FTW!

6. Spiderlover
    August 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm — Reply

New school versus old school. I love Bill he got me into science. However, Neil has me just eating up everything science. Neil for the win and his powerful mustache.

• Randdoom42
      August 14, 2013 at 1:07 am — Reply

agree

7. Ray
    August 13, 2013 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Neil deGrasse Tyson Was born in the Bronx, and every TV show ever tells us that makes you tough, He is also younger, heftier and has more degrees than Nye. I think he has the Edge.

8. Henry Laman
    August 13, 2013 at 4:19 pm — Reply

I can’t compare these two on Science as I love them both. But as far as a fight goes, I’d have to give it Neil deGrasse Tyson. Bill Nye may have the awesome power of the superhero Speedwalker, but Tyson was actively involved in wrestling at Harvard.

And most importantly, this gives me a chance to tell Stephen that it’s pronounced “D-Grass” not “Degrassi”.

9. August 13, 2013 at 5:09 pm — Reply

Neil wins here. I have plenty of fond memories of Bill from childhood, but Neil ekes out the win here.

10. Dragonqueen
    August 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm — Reply

Not that they would fight. As I understand it, they’re pretty good friends. But I’ve got to give it to Dr. Tyson, he’s a bit bigger and a little younger.

11. Doctor Dinosaur
    August 13, 2013 at 6:19 pm — Reply

All glory to the SAGAN!

12. Ryan 'Halite' King
    August 13, 2013 at 9:37 pm — Reply

Creationists.

13. August 13, 2013 at 11:19 pm — Reply

Tyson’s an inch taller and twice the weight of nye. He’d murderize him.

14. Randdoom42
    August 14, 2013 at 1:09 am — Reply

I would have to say Neil, he has rekindled the fire that The Science Guy started many a year ago. I have found myself devouring anything Science as of late. Round Two should be Vs. Michiko Kaku.

15. Mark
    August 14, 2013 at 3:54 am — Reply

this is the most USA based Question ever on major spoilers!

I have heard of Nye mainly as a joke that yanks get him confusred with the british actor of the same name

much less the other fella

16. Dave
    August 14, 2013 at 7:04 am — Reply

The question needs clarification based on how such a battle will be waged.

In a physical confrontation of pure brawn: Tyson. He has sheer size and age on his size.

In a battle of wits and/or Trivia Battle such as Jeopardy: It’s a tie.

In a physical confrontation using contraptions built out of supplies found in the average American home, dollar store, and public school science classroom: Bill Nye, all the way.

17. Dario
    August 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm — Reply

I’m pretty sure Dr. Tyson was in the varsity wrestling in high school. So, Tyson all the way.

18. August 14, 2013 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Neil would break Bill in half. I give you, Exhibit A:

That guy has some guns. Tyson for the win.