Kids 10 and under get in free at the Baltimore Comic-Con September 7-8, 2013 at the Baltimore Convention Center — and show organizers are once again presenting a kid-friendly comics area, full of all-ages comics, as well as the artists and writers who make them. Creators from such companies as Archie, Scholastic, Disney, Simon & Schuster, Marvel, and DC will be on hand to sketch, say hi, and help to teach young ones about the magic of comics through mini-How-To’s through the weekend, right at the Kids Comics Pavilion! Plus, kids can take part in comic crafts, a Jedi Knight light saber training session, and more!
Activities in this super cool section of the show include:
* Interactive Comics Talks from some of Kids’ Comics top creators, such as Jimmy Gownley (Amelia Rules!), Art Baltazar & Franco (Tiny Titans), John Gallagher (Buzzboy), and Dan Parent (Archie)
* Design your own super hero cape and mask
* Doodle Scribble Draw! Kids Drawing Gameshow!
* Kids Comics Reading and Drawing Booth
* Creator sketches and autographs
* Kid-Safe Star Wars Light Saber Training
* Puppet making with Chris O>Matic! (http://www.omatics.net)
“The Baltimore Comic-Con has always been a welcoming, family-friendly show,” said Mark Mariano, creator of the Happyloo graphic novel series, and co-organizer (with John Gallagher) of the kids section. “It’s so cool that I bring my own family here every year,” added Gallagher.
Here’s a rundown of the Kids Love Comics Pavilion Creators:
- Art Baltazar (Aw Yeah Comics!, Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures)
- Harold Buchholz (Archie Comics)
- Frank Cammuso (Knights of the Lunch Table, Otto’s Orange Day)
- Steve Conley (Bloop)
- Jamie Cosley (with Tyler Cosley) (Cody the Cavalier, Ninja Squirrel)
- Franco (Aw Yeah Comics!, Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures)
- John Gallagher (Buzzboy, Roboy Red)
- SL Gallant (GI JOE)
- Zack Giallongo (Broxo)
- Chris Giarrusso (G-Man)
- Jimmy Gownley (Amelia Rules!, The Dumbest Idea Ever!)
- Jason Horn (Ninjasaur)
- Mike Maihack (Cleopatra in Space)
- Mark Mariano (Happyloo)
- Dave McDonald (Hamster Sam)
- Mark McKenna (Star Wars, Banana Tail)
- Jamar Nicholas (Leon: Protector of the Playground)
- Chris O>Matic (The Chris O>Matic Show!)
- Dan Parent (Archie, Veronica, Kevin Keller)
- Dave Roman (Astronaut Elementary, Teen Boat) – Saturday only
- Jeff Schultz (Archie, Jughead)
- Bobby Timony (Night Owls, Detectobot)
Kids Love Comics joins our previously announced guests, including: Josh Adams (Doctor Who); Neal Adams (First X-Men); Brian Bolland (Dial H); Mark Buckingham (Fables); Jimmy Cheung (Avengers vs. X-Men); Frank Cho (Savage Wolverine); Amanda Conner (Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre); J.M. DeMatteis (Phantom Stranger); David Finch (Justice League of America); Keith Giffen (Masters of the Universe); Joe Hill (Locke and Key); Adam Hughes (Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan); Barry Kitson (Empire); Roger Langridge (Popeye); Paul Levitz (World’s Finest); Kevin Maguire (World’s Finest); Jason Mewes (Jay and Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie); Mike Mignola (Hellboy In Hell); Jimmy Palmiotti (Batwing); George Perez (World’s Finest); David Petersen (Mouse Guard); Joe Prado (Earth 2); Ivan Reis (Aquaman); Chris Samnee (Daredevil); Louise Simonson (X-Factor); Walt Simonson (The Mighty Thor); Kevin Smith (Batman: The Widening Gyre); Allison Sohn (sketch card artist); Mark Waid (Indestructible Hulk), and Bill Willingham (Fables).
In the coming weeks, look for more announcements from the Baltimore Comic-Con. We are looking forward to highlighting our guests, the Harvey Awards, industry exclusives, and programming. The latest developments can always be found on our website, Twitter, and Facebook pages.
About The Baltimore Comic-Con
The Baltimore Comic-Con is celebrating its 14th year of bringing the comic book industry to the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. For more information, please visit www.baltimorecomiccon.com.
About The Harvey Awards
The Harvey Awards are one of the comic book industry’s oldest and most respected awards. With a history of over 25 years, the last 7 in conjunction with the Baltimore Comic-Con, the Harveys recognize outstanding achievements in over 20 categories. They are the only industry awards nominated and selected by the full body of comic book professionals. For more information, please visit www.harveyawards.org