Things We Still Love But Haven’t Aged Well

Top Five is a show where the hosts categorize, rank, compare, and stratify everything… from cars to gadgets to people and movies. From stuff that is hot, and things that are not nearly as interesting – it’s Top Five.

There are many things from the past that we love and still have fond memories of… even if they haven’t withstood the test of time.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/top-five-47.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

SDCC'13: Firefly Online Announcement

ART APPRECIATION MOMENT OF THE DAY: Batman logos animated

1. BillG
    July 19, 2013 at 4:38 am — Reply

I’ve noticed that several of the most recent network podcasts (Zach on Film, Critical Hit, Top Five) have not appeared on the iTunes Major Spoilers network master feed, though they seem to have appeared on the individual podcasts’ feeds. Has there been a change in the master feed plan?

• July 19, 2013 at 8:20 am — Reply

No. They are all in the master feed.

• July 23, 2013 at 9:24 am — Reply

I have also noticed this. You have to right click and manually ‘Update Podcast’. I have had this as an intermittent problem since my last iTunes update.

2. July 19, 2013 at 12:49 pm — Reply

Cool, I sent in this topic :)

My Top 5:

5. Most cartoons from the 80s – They were not-so-cleverly disguised toy commercials… But we loved them anyway, despite the recycled storylines, awful dialogue and sub-par animation.

4. Ska (the music genre) – My wife hates it and has branded it an unholy union of reggae, punk, and jazz (three genres she enjoys, but not when they are mixed together) but I still love it, despite its goofiness and the sense of vertigo I get when I am sucked back into the 90s.

3. Goldeneye 64 – Facility, license to kill, pistols only. NO ODDJOB! Looking back on it now, it really doesn’t stand up. Frustrating gameplay, particularly in the escort missions. Clunky animations and graphics, but hey, it was 1997. Still one of the only reasons to take out my N64 though and waste an afternoon.

2. The Conan the Barbarian movie. My favourite, “It’s so bad it’s good” movie that hasn’t stood the test of time in my opinion, but I still love it because of my memories of watching it as a kid.

1. Spawn – Yes, I know, I know. It’s terribly written, but it was one of my first comic loves before I knew any better. I still pull out my old issues from time to time just to check out the awesome Capullo covers, and my Spawn statue sits proudly on my bookshelf.

3. BRZA
    July 19, 2013 at 12:57 pm — Reply

BAH! I have my list almost complete and the internet ate them. So here it is, abridged and lame.

5. Pickles

4. Mix cds

3. 90s punk

2. Trash fantasy

1. SNES RPGs

4. July 20, 2013 at 2:09 pm — Reply

I did a fuller explanation of these on my blog’s response post, but here’s the basics:

5. Cadbury Crème Eggs (Way too sweet, but I’ll still eat them like a fool.)
    4. Claremont’s X-books (Dated but a very important influence on me.)
    3. SNES/16-bit RPGs (I miss the depth & patience required of this genre.)
    2. Saban’s X-Men cartoon (Hey, it got me into comics.)
    1. The entire Filmation catalog (Long story short, once you learn about the company, you can’t help but admire them, stiff animation or no.)

5. August 2, 2013 at 8:53 am — Reply