Are you ready to already own Star Trek Into Darkness, so that you can watch in your personal theater instead of having to travel all the way to the theater? Well that will soon happen and Paramount released what the cover of the Blu-Ray you pick up will look like.
Star Trek Into Darkness will release on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 10, but will have a digital release date THREE WEEKS EARLIER on August 20. That is huge news if you a digital media consumer as we have seen digital release dates come earlier and earlier throughout 2013.
But on to what cases will look like and the special features that will be included.
Blu-ray Special features:
- Feature film in high definition
- Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
- Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
- The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
- The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
- Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
- Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
- Continuing the Mission – An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
Looks like Into Darkness looks to be a valuable pickup in Blu-Ray form. Especially for the feature where they explain why everyone was lied to about the truth
Cumberbatch’s character Khan. Make sure to download your copy on August 20 or pickup your Blu-ray on September 10.