The giant robot fighting monster movie is here!

As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.

Did you go see the movie? What did you think? Spill the beans in the comment section below and let everyone know if this movie hit it out of the park, or if the flick should be forgotten forever.

SDCC'13: BOOM! Studios and Archaia to share booth space at convention

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Cathy Guisewite's Sin City Edition

1. Andrew
    July 12, 2013 at 12:51 pm — Reply

Saw it at the 10p.m. show Thursday night in IMAX 3D. Easily the most enjoyable movie of the year (so far). As much fun as last years “The Avengers”. This will be a must buy when it hits Blu-ray. I’d give it 5 slices of meatloaf.

2. Randallw
    July 12, 2013 at 7:28 pm — Reply

I thought it started off badly, I was thinking to myself it was terrible and the option to walk out occurred to me. Maybe it was the uplifting music when it started and Raleigh’s over enthusiasm but I was a bit put off. Once the prelude finished and the title had appeared though I became invested and enjoyed it. I eagerly await the sequel. Let me just say though that as an actual Australian I found the Australian accents atrocious, not helped by the fact that the father looks vaguely like an actual Australian actor so I wasn’t sure if it was him or not, so I was a bit confused.

3. B.V.K.
    July 12, 2013 at 10:29 pm — Reply

As giant fightin’ robot movies go it was awesome. Better than any of the Transformers movies by far.

• July 12, 2013 at 11:14 pm — Reply

Went in with low expectations, and really enjoyed myself.

• b003
        July 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm — Reply

Same here, even ignored the fact everything was always in the dark.

4. July 15, 2013 at 8:02 am — Reply

I liked it. I thought the Russians and Chinese died a little easy for lasting as long as they did but it was an entertaining movie.