Lords of the Feywild

In this episode of Critical Hit, A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: A familiar face returns, and it’s time for some fighty-fighty!

Images for this episode, after the jump!

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_206.mp3[/podcast]

IMG_0665 IMG_0666 IMG_0667 IMG_0668 IMG_0669 IMG_0670 IMG_0671 IMG_0672 IMG_0673 IMG_0674 IMG_0675 IMG_0676 IMG_0677 IMG_0678 IMG_0679 IMG_0680 IMG_0681 IMG_0682 IMG_0683 IMG_0684 IMG_0685 IMG_0686

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

A big Thank You goes out to everyone who downloads, subscribes, listens, and supports this show. We really appreciate you taking the time to listen to our ramblings each week. Tell your friends about the podcast, get them to subscribe and, be sure to visit the Major Spoilers site and forums.Critical Hit #190: Snail Rock Island

SDCC'13: Lantern City will rise at Comic-Con

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Always Five, Acting As One Edition

1. Batmanofni
    June 29, 2013 at 10:32 am — Reply

Another great episode. Did you guys level up.

• Adam
      June 29, 2013 at 11:45 am — Reply

I agree, great episode.
      I think they must have leveled up, since Steven wanted to use Thunderlance, which is a level 13 encounter power.
      Pity we didn’t get much mention of the level up, especially since it was the first power replacement level.

• Severin
        June 29, 2013 at 4:29 pm — Reply

They did have a number of comments that hinted to them getting a level up. Torq coming up with a new way to use Corralons power, Kets souls matching up in new ways etc. I can’t really remember them all but I thought it was kinda cool to try to find story ideas to explain level-ups.

• Adam
          June 30, 2013 at 9:47 am — Reply

I agree with you there – the story explaining the level-ups is really awesome, and it’s something that the critical hit group do very well.

• June 29, 2013 at 11:54 am — Reply

Twelve or thirteen times so far… :D

2. crystal
    June 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm — Reply

I lost my mind laughing when it devolved into bird-Ket skwaking during diplomacy checks and Rodrigo very creatively told them all to shut up.

So worth the $10 a month <3

3. BRZA
    June 29, 2013 at 5:11 pm — Reply

So. good. Rodrigo: Callback Master, coming in with that Season 2 steelo! Hope we get to see the Queen’s Rebellious Daughter next.

Too bad you spoiled the reveal in the title – didn’t even have to wait for the trailer :p

• Adam
      June 30, 2013 at 10:03 am — Reply

Yeah the callback was great.
      Would be nice to see Missy again but personally I’m hoping Thoney is the next returning character. That guy was awesome!

4. Ricco
    June 29, 2013 at 11:19 pm — Reply

“My hands are Brian!”

I guess Adrianna *is* just as evil as the rest of t he gang XD

5. June 30, 2013 at 12:13 am — Reply

Ha, ha, ha! Why has no one ever thought of the Torq-Dork wordplay.

Another perfect episode.

6. July 1, 2013 at 4:01 am — Reply

Why have you guys stopped doing level up discussions? I can’t remember the last time you told us your character stats. Can we also get back to describing combat actions please? Like when Rodrigo says “and what does that look like?”

Finally, please keep the random talk down. It breaks the immersion.

P.s. why do they need a ton of iron? I thought all they needed was weapons for themselves and one metric ton is a lot.

• July 1, 2013 at 7:49 am — Reply

I don’t think we’ve ever talked stats… we have talked powers that happen at the level up – we haven’t done the level 13 stuff… yet.

Thanks for your other comments – mileage will vary of course. While you don’t like it, there are numerous others that do, so during editing there is a balance between the stuff that is left in and the stuff that is left out. In this particular episode there is nearly an hour of stuff that is taken out.

Finally, Orem stated why he asked for a ton of iron many episodes ago. The plan was shot down.

• July 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm — Reply

I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned Torq’s stats without being directly queried…

7. Matt
    July 1, 2013 at 1:41 pm — Reply

I Believe Combat Challenge is still around. They character builder may have added to your list of at-wills.

• Richard
      July 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm — Reply

This. Under the Combat Challenge section in ‘Fighter (Weaponmaster)’, the compendium states ‘In addition, you gain the Combat Challenge power’, but doesn’t include that power in the class write-up. You have to go looking for it elsewhere in the compendium (or in the stack of at-wills printed with the character sheet).

8. Claire
    July 1, 2013 at 6:45 pm — Reply

MAN I am so sad that I caught up to the most recent episode… I have been going through and listening from episode 1 and I am not looking forward to actually having to wait for new episodes! I can feel the inevitable mail bag upon us….Also, is Torq messing with us or does he really still think he has special kick up boots?

Anywho… this podcast gave me inspiration to try out a RPG. THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING AWESOME! We love you Randus <3

9. XantharTheFlame
    July 5, 2013 at 8:38 am — Reply

Great dargon fight this week! Really cool that it was the same one that got away in season 1. Nicely integrated Deus Ex Machina from Rodrigo to keep it from flying away again too!

10. The thing that scatterd the shy
    July 6, 2013 at 5:13 am — Reply

They never told Smith’s parents he died…… And what about the statue… I just had an idea what if the how the other 1/4 live was them playing their characters parents and maybe a force ghost of aunt tilly

11. Ricco
    July 6, 2013 at 10:08 pm — Reply

I was going though my comics and found my run of the Lightning Saga, I finally get the “I duck” reference! You’d think I wouldn’t have taken that long…

12. Parco Molo
    July 8, 2013 at 10:22 pm — Reply

Monday and still no new episode? Inconceivable! JK hope y’all had a good 4th.

• XantharTheFlame
      July 9, 2013 at 9:24 am — Reply

Pretty sure it’s because Stephen went to Nerdtacular. He just tweeted that next episode will be posted on Friday as usual.

13. Jack Wainwright