Munchkin is a dedicated deck card game by Steve Jackson Games, written by Steve Jackson and illustrated by John Kovalic, that has a humorous take on role-playing games.

This week on Munchkin Land a listener writes in to ask why we haven’t played Epic Munchkin.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/munchkin_land_42.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

The material presented here is my original creation, intended for use with the Munchkin system from Steve Jackson Games. This material is not official and is not endorsed by Steve Jackson Games.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

SNEAK PEEK: Jirni #3

SNEAK PEEK: Bluewater titles for June 26, 2013

1. June 25, 2013 at 12:43 pm — Reply

I’d be all for hearing you guys do Epic Munchkin, done with Star Munchkin and expansions.

2. June 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm — Reply

Stephen, I’m pretty sure that most of the regular listeners would like to have an Epic Munchkin episode and we would not mind if it’s 3 hours long. I understand you’re concerns, but I don’t think you have to worry too much about it.

And about the game, I think Super + Zombies would be a good combo. Although now that I think about it, maybe we’ve already got too much of that combination…

3. Hirimno
    June 25, 2013 at 2:04 pm — Reply

I’d love an epic episode. I’d have to say Super, Star, and Fu. Love the show and thank you for all the hard work.

4. June 26, 2013 at 10:59 am — Reply

For the combined set I’d like to see the players as zombies taking on Cthulhu or (since the cultists could end the game early) we can put them with munchkin bites for a who rules after the apocalypse scenario.

As for the single set I think you should do base munchkin with expansions. You’ve already proved you can play a full game and hardly break into the cards there are and I think classic munchkin envelopes the epic rules quite well.

5. June 26, 2013 at 2:24 pm — Reply

As Stellarleader said, I dont think listeners would drop out after 1 or 2 hours.
    I would absolutely love to hear Rob punish you guys for 3 hours :)
    And not to be boring, but I think the original set with expantions will make the best Epic Munchkin Podcast – I love all the “new” sets, but still finds that the original set to be the one that has the best humor.

6. DarkSidhe
    June 28, 2013 at 7:32 am — Reply

I think if you are going to go for Epic Munchkin, you should emulate Rifts, one of the most epically absurd roleplaying games ever. My recommendation for trying to get close to that would be everything including the kitchen sink, but to make it more manageable, I would go with regular Munchkin combined with Star Munchkin, and perhaps Super Munchkin for a core rulebook Rifts.