Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Bluewater titles for June 26, 2013

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: John Byrne's Superman

1. Hezzie
    June 25, 2013 at 11:37 am — Reply

slow clumsy zombies are much more scary to me, sure, you may be able to outrun them in a short sprint, but this horrifying continuing force that will slowly but steadily move towards you, and never ever tire, never give up..
    Man, that’s what nightmares are made out of.

Not zombie related at all, but that’s also why i think the metallic robot chasing sarah connar at the end of terminator 1 in that slow, monotome way is so effective and even scary.

• Ricco
      June 25, 2013 at 12:00 pm — Reply

Agreed,

Slow moving zombies are frightening because their victory is inevitable.

Sure, you can out run them, but then what? You can’t keep the pace needed to outrun them forever, what about food? What about shelter to rest? What about medicine?

Zombie movies are scary because of the feel of powerlessness that comes from an unrelenting enemy who *will outlive you* simply by it’s nature.

Running zombies are an imminent danger, much like a pack of lions or soccer fans after their team lost.

I feel it’s a cheap way to force action scenes. The best zombie movies feature the scariest of all monsters: humans trying to survive. I feel a good zombie movie is supposed to be more psychological and less an action driven mess of blurs and explosions…

Even fast zombie movies like 28 weeks later, the scariest moments where the ones when they meet other survivors.

2. June 25, 2013 at 11:54 am — Reply

I voted shuffling, because they are the only ones that I have a hope of outrunning. Seeing running zombies for the first time was the most horrifying thing I’d ever seen regarding a zombie apocalypse.

3. SmarkingOut Adam
    June 25, 2013 at 11:57 am — Reply

Shuffling. I assume you meant cards? Zombie Poker! (I really hope that’s not a thing.)

4. June 25, 2013 at 11:59 am — Reply

Given my likely aim with a firearm, give me some shuffling zombies so I have a chance to pick them off, one by one.

5. June 25, 2013 at 12:24 pm — Reply

28 Days Later made me a real fan of the running zombie.
    I find it frightening to think of an enemy that is stronger and faster than you because they don’t have to concern themselves with such weak concepts as pain or endurance.

6. Troy
    June 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm — Reply

I like mine in black and white.

7. Mike E
    June 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm — Reply

I like them at least walking. The complete shamble/limp feels like they are a bit silly sometimes honestly, and running/jumping off the walls is just a but too amped up but the slow plodding walk is menacing with out being the “are they just going to fall down” that you sometimes get with the shamble.

8. June 25, 2013 at 12:43 pm — Reply

Oh man, the opening to the Last of Us made my wife cry really hard. It’s the first video game in a long time to ever draw such powerful emotion like that. What an awesome game.

I voted shuffling because it usually coincides with there being far more zombies and that is the scary part.

9. Gary
    June 25, 2013 at 12:59 pm — Reply

I like my zombies like I like my women…

10. Xaxelbrax
    June 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm — Reply

“How do you like your undead?” The question seems to be about zombies, but you wrote undead. Undead like zombies and some mummies should should shuffle, but undead like vampires should never shuffle. Ahhh this question it tainted!

• Ricco
      June 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm — Reply

Technically if you simple answer *how you like your undead?*

The most logical answer would be: cremated.

• June 25, 2013 at 1:27 pm — Reply

You’re thinking too much…

11. foolsmask
    June 25, 2013 at 1:46 pm — Reply

I voted walking, however, my true answer is “a mix” because I like the idea of decaying zombies over time. When they are fresh, they are fast but easy to take down, as they age or become damaged they get slower. Knowing that you may have knocked it down but not out is scary!

12. Mark
    June 25, 2013 at 2:50 pm — Reply

movies- Running

Real Life- Shuffling

13. June 25, 2013 at 3:26 pm — Reply

Damn you Schleicher, now I got every day I’m shuffling stuck in my head.

Zombies should shuffle. It’s like the tortoise and the hare. While there’s nothing that the walking or running zombies will tire, they are dead and moving fast will tear muscles that will never heal. If they aren’t dead, they aren’t zombies. Those are ghouls. If eating the dead revive them, those have a name. Vampires.

That said, the opening of 28 weeks later got me in the gym.

14. Arbor Day
    June 25, 2013 at 4:07 pm — Reply

You forgot Dancing.

Thriller.

15. Law
    June 25, 2013 at 6:50 pm — Reply

Undead aren’t all zombies?? I voted shuffling if it’s just general zombies.
    Law

16. Firestorm
    June 25, 2013 at 9:43 pm — Reply

Worth mentioning that the picture is of a clicker from the last of us which are infact NOT undead or zombies but PLANTS. Sorry I had to be that guy. Also Running is more tense.

17. June 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm — Reply

Slow shuffling zombies. It makes more sense to me when they are supposed to be the walking dead, with no real blood flow and the muscles/flesh getting stiff, then the rotting flesh falling apart and making it more difficult for them to movie. They are still plenty dangerous if they get close or are in large numbers.

When you have running zombies or otherwise faster moving zombies, it makes me think it should be a rare “super-zombie” and probably not entirely a zombie at all.

18. Jared
    June 27, 2013 at 8:45 am — Reply

I wish you had an “Other” option, since I would really prefer to see my zombies do the hustle, but I did vote shuffle. This is probably the more fear-striker form of their movement, and I have a “better” chance of survivial