I’ve been quietly tracking the upcoming Ryan Reynolds/Jeff Bridges movies, R.I.P.D. and the latest trailers featuring James Hong and Marisa Miller have me rolling.

A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

Will this be this generations answer to Ghostbusters?

REVIEW: X #2

COSPLAY: Toothless

1. Arbor Day.
    June 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm — Reply

People keep calling this Men in Black mixed with Dead Like Me, or something. And despite the actors involved I find it hard to argue with them.

People = internet people, not real people.

2. comicfan1974
    June 17, 2013 at 6:35 am — Reply

I saw this in front of Man of Steel and was amazed at how blatant a re-purposing of another film franchise (the above mentioned MIB) it was. Is this RIPD based on some other source material like a comic?

• June 17, 2013 at 10:22 am — Reply

Yep… It’s a Dark Horse book, though I haven’t read it myself.

3. June 17, 2013 at 7:16 am — Reply

Yes, the only impression I get from this movie is that it is a complete rip-off of Men In Black.

4. June 17, 2013 at 2:05 pm — Reply

I don’t need every movie to be a completely original in concept or even execution. As long as it’s entertaining, who cares? Looks like fun, sounds like fun–hell, I’ll enjoy it even more if it makes hipsters and bleeding heart fictitious material connoisseurs throw a tantrum.

5. aerohalen1
    June 17, 2013 at 4:53 pm — Reply

James Hong has been around forever and a day.