With Transformers 4 now in full swing, it’s time to check out the changes to Optimus Prime and take a gander at two new Autobots joining the fray.

First up, Optimus Prime:

Mxsr00R

Looks a little sleeker this time around, but still the form and color fans expect.

And now a look at the two new Autobots:

Corvette-Stingray-Transformers-4-550x323 Bugatti-Transformers-4-550x255

One is a Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse, and the other is a C7 Corvette Stingray. Can you guess which one cost $2 million? I hope it talks with a snooty accent. As far as who/what Transformers these are, I still have no idea.

Finally, some casting news:

tj-miller-01

Mark Wahlberg has been confirmed for the film, with comedian T.J. Miller cast as his best friend and fellow mechanic.

via Various

SNEAK PEEK: Bluewater Productions for May 29, 2013

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Twenty Minutes Into The Future Edition

1. May 29, 2013 at 10:44 am — Reply

While I liked T.J. Miller in “She’s Out Of My League,” the comedy relief angle was attempted already in the Transformers movie and it FAILED SO VERY EPICLY.

• May 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm — Reply

In what sense? John Turturro was funny.

2. May 29, 2013 at 10:55 am — Reply

I hope the Bugatti is Tracks.

• May 29, 2013 at 4:31 pm — Reply

I’d have to say the Corvette is Tracks.

• randdoom42
      May 31, 2013 at 2:01 am — Reply

Robots in disguise and you pick a bugatti? Apparently this movie takes place in Europe because that is the only legal place you can drive one. This car tops out at 254mph and does 0-60 in a little over 2 seconds! I hope the car is actually put to its use going over there really fast. I mean if the Muppets can get in a crappy sedan and drive to France imagine what this bad boy can do.

3. May 29, 2013 at 11:21 am — Reply

Can they just stop making these already? I guess people need to smarten up and stop going to see them first, but that’s probably asking too much.

• May 31, 2013 at 3:40 am — Reply

I’m not smart. I won’t deny it.

Still, I don’t think it’s a bad in the grand scheme of things, that I enjoy a summer popcorn flick. Everyone has their own “things”. Transformers is one of my “things”.

” ..probably asking too much?” Maybe. I mean, if someone else’s hobby doesn’t appeal to you, does that mean that they should stop liking/doing what they love/like, just because you don’t think it’s good?

That being said, I know you mean to simply voice your dislike of the franchise or at least where it’s going. I’ve heard the augments against the films. I even agree with some of them. But generalizing people’s intelligence, simply because of their “guilty pleasures” doesn’t seem to be the right way of going about it.

Seriously though Derek Viger, relax… it’s a summer popcorn movie.

4. Ricco
    May 29, 2013 at 11:41 am — Reply

Fake!!!

I don’t see random explosions in the background and they have enough color that we can differentiate them mid fight…

Besides it’ll focus on the humans again, which only made sense in the first movie then they make all the autobots psychopaths again.

I will *NEVER* get over Optimus killing Megatron right after he saved his life and proposed a truce, it’s so far off character it’s not even in the same ball park.

Plus Michael Bay now believes he invented transforming/giant robots, I won’t do anything to feed into his delusions, I won’t see it until it’s shown on TV even then only if t here is nothing good on.

• May 29, 2013 at 4:37 pm — Reply

Optimus killing Megatron is your biggest beef? Did you miss the part earlier in the film when Optimus said, “We will kill them all.”?

• Ricco
        May 30, 2013 at 9:07 am — Reply

Well at that point they were just talking about it, but to actually see it…

Also the way StarFreakingScream dies was just oh so very sad, here we have one of the most evil, manipulative, machiavelic villains of all times and he gets done in by Sam Witwicky with cherry bomb.

5. May 29, 2013 at 8:39 pm — Reply

Well, at least Optimus isn’t a fire truck.

• randdoom42
      May 31, 2013 at 2:04 am — Reply

I want to see Sam Witwicky hit by a fire truck. I would pay $10 to see that.

• May 31, 2013 at 4:38 am — Reply

I was actually referring to my personal dislike of every incarnation of Optimus that has been turned into a fire truck. I wouldn’t mind if it were another character or even a “relative” of Optimus, but Optimus Prime NEEDS to be a semi. No exceptions (except of course that he also needs to be a robot).

Also, I’ll pitch in another $20 to see that.