Move over, mom and dad! Sunday, June 2, is Kids Day at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, with an array of programming, kid-friendly celebrities, creators and exhibitors designed especially for children, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. From the impossibly cute Kids Costume Contest to the positively “icky” Creepy Crawler Bug Display, children of all ages will enjoy a variety of activities all day long. Kids 10 and under are free all weekend with a paid adult (two children admitted per paid adult).
As kids arrive on Sunday, they will receive an official “Wizard World Kids Day Passport” and sheet detailing all of the places they can visit to have the passport stamped. Those include artists like Terry Huddleston and Sara Richard, fan groups like the New York Jedi and Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group, exhibitors like 3 Girls Creations and J&J Collectibles, and celebrities like “The Green Power Ranger” Jason David Frank. Awesome!
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Balloon Art, Arts & Crafts and “Creepy Crawler Bug Display” hosted by the Rutgers Univ. Department of Entomology all day at Wizard World Kids Booth #3000
- Junior Saber Training at the Cosplay Stage. Show off those moves! (11 a.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Author Jon Lindenblatt and artist Brian Kong discuss Trolley Dodgers, Pinstriped Yankees, and Wearing Red Sox: How MLB Teams Got Their Names, a children’s baseball book, with artwork to color (11 a.m.)
- Doodle! Scribble! Draw! A fun drawing game combining Jeopardy!, Pictionary and “Whose Line is it Anyway?” The challenge is on. (1 p.m.)
- Kick it at the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank – a special hour-long karate class (2 p.m.)
- Kids Costume Contest (3 p.m.), hosted by Wizard World’s own superhero, “The Defuser” Jarrett Crippen
- “Torchwood” and Zero Dark Thirty star John Barrowman, “Serenity” and Firefly standouts Summer Glau and Gina Torres, Eisner Award Hall of Famer Stan Lee and WWE® Superstars John Cena® and Daniel Bryan® are at the top of a standout roster of celebrity guests scheduled to appear at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, May 30 – June 2. It is the third in the 2013 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con show hours are Thursday, May 30, 3-8 p.m.; Friday, May 31, noon – 7 p.m.; Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday, June 2, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2013-14 DATES *****
May 30 – June 2 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
June 28-30 – Wizard World Comic Con NYC Experience
August 8-11 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
September 20-22 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
October 18-20 – Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
November 22-24 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
January 24-26, 2014 – Wizard World Portland Comic Con
February 7-9, 2014 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
April 4-6, 2014 – Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con