Blockbuster season is officially underway with Iron Man 3 and Stark Trek Into Darkness both in theaters. Not wanting to let anyone forget about the other major comic book property being adapted this summer, Warner Bros has released a new trailer for Man of Steel that is filled with Zod, fighting, flying, and lasers! Let the destruction begin!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc]

The colors of Zack Synder are flying high in this trailer as the action becomes front and center and feels, in some aspects, completely different than trailers we have seen previously. What are your thoughts? In line to finally see Superman actually use his powers to fight? See things that make you worry? Sound off in the comments below!

Man of Steel arrives in theaters July 13, 2013

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Major Spoilers Podcast #520: Calvin and Hobbes

TRAILER: New Lone Ranger trailer arrives

1. comicfan1974
    May 22, 2013 at 9:25 am — Reply

As much as I will always have a soft spot for the Christopher Reeves Superman film, I have have also always longed for a Superman film where we get to see this kinds of spectacles. I wait with great anticipation.

2. Teletran1
    May 22, 2013 at 11:15 am — Reply

Cosign. I dream deferred, as long as it has the passion of yester-year is always going to be a winner. But it kind of makes you wonder how Ghost busters or Back to the future would have turned out now instead of then.

3. JDwriter
    May 22, 2013 at 12:55 pm — Reply

Now that there are survivors of krypton, doesn’t this premise feel more like an Invincible story line than a superman one?
    Admittedly it all looks awesome so I’m stoked either way

• Lapis
      May 23, 2013 at 11:05 pm — Reply

considering that all of invincible is a riff/spoof/homage to (mainly) superman and other comics…nah I dont think so. its difficult for the originator of the premise to steal it.

Not to mention the copius amounts of kryptonians in the comics.

and by the way no knock on invincible its 1 of my fav books.

4. Oldcomicfan
    May 22, 2013 at 2:13 pm — Reply

There has always been survivors of Krypton – Kandor, Supergirl, dogs, horses, cats, various astronauts, etc. and that’s not even mentioning all the Kryptonians in the phantom zone. Earth is sort of a Grand Central Station for Kryptonians. I liked the first two Superman movies, as well as Superman Returns, but let’s face it: The superman in those movies was, more or less, a Big Blue Pantywaist. Part of the problem was that having Superman fighting mortal foes, he had to pull his punches, but the other part of it was that since the movies were aimed at kiddies, they minimized the violence and relied on idiot gimmicks like spinning the world backwards and cellophane S shields instead of raw brute force. I have no problem with Kal-El punching Zod just as hard as he can.

5. May 26, 2013 at 12:20 am — Reply

I’m thinking this is gonna be the best superman of all time… Back in the day the graphics couldn’t keep up with the imagination – but now sky’s the limit… Literally. The search is over this guy beats the superman returns guy from Iowa to a pulp- faster than a speeding bullet – my engines rev’d up ready to wait in line… What about you all?

6. litanyofthieves
    May 26, 2013 at 9:31 pm — Reply

I think I’m most excited to see Michael Shannon as Zod. Guy is just fantastic in everything.