This week, many of us at Major Spoilers are preoccupied with our jobs as educators and students. That means final exams, final projects, and of course the walk across the stage during graduation. Some will seek immediate employment, while others will go to graduate school to further their education, and some will return to their parents’ basement to live out the rest of their lives.

This week, we turn the spotlight on you and ask the all important question…

What is your highest level of education?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: The Complete Peanuts 1950-1952

Major Spoilers Staff Picks for May 15, 2013

1. Frederick aka Darth Macho
    May 14, 2013 at 2:17 pm — Reply

Aw man! I was proud of my vote of “Bachelor’s Degree” until I realized I was the third one to vote, and the first two votes had Masters Degrees. Now I just feel like I’m dragging the lot of us down…

• May 14, 2013 at 2:19 pm — Reply

The week isn’t over yet…

• Frederick aka Darth Macho
        May 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm — Reply

True, but I guess if I had gotten my Master’s, that would have been more clear to me. ;)
        Well, it seems like Bachelor’s Degree is making a strong showing now after 19 votes.
        Thanks again for the great podcasts.

2. May 14, 2013 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Other:
    Polytechnic Diploma (Broadcast Technology)

3. May 14, 2013 at 2:57 pm — Reply

Just finished my Master’s in Professional Accountancy.

4. Landle
    May 14, 2013 at 3:32 pm — Reply

Master’s in Environmental Engineering with a Professional Engineer (PE) certification

To answer your question about why I’m not rich yet, this is due to kids, comics, kids, student loans, kids…

5. May 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm — Reply

BA Hon. in Criminology. Decided against a Masters because I had accrued enough student debt already, but I am eyeing doing my Masters in Social Work at some point. Life is long, and I needed a break from school.

6. Gary
    May 14, 2013 at 4:35 pm — Reply

PhD! As a PhD, I can confidently say that they’re overrated :-)

I ain’t filthy rich, but I’m certainly blessed with more than I need.

7. Spiderlover
    May 14, 2013 at 5:07 pm — Reply

I have a bachelors degree in information technology with a focus on programming. I am an iPhone and iPad app developer. Which is pretty fun.

8. SmarkingOut Adam
    May 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm — Reply

One more year and I’ll have my Masters Degree from seminary. Then we’ll see if someone will hire me to be a pastor.

• Gary
      May 15, 2013 at 8:19 am — Reply

Cool! Another theology nerd/comic book fan. What seminary?

9. May 14, 2013 at 7:11 pm — Reply

Unfortunately, my highest “official” level of education is High School, and even that took some doing since not only does my health suck, so did the school system where I grew up (apparently missing school to get treatment for disabilities and illness is the same as skipping school to them). Even getting legal help and several groups for disabled students involved, I still ended up getting failed despite having made up all the work (should have been a B student in most classes, but was failed for being absent despite having doctors explain that I didn’t have much choice in missing school).

I’d planned to go to college, but my health took a downward spiral that continues to this day. Even online classes are difficult when you are either in too much pain to get out of bed or too stoned from the meds to focus. Still hoping I’ll eventually find some balance so I can at least try someday.

10. Oldcomicfan
    May 14, 2013 at 7:14 pm — Reply

I got my Associates Degree and had to get a job to make a living. Never was able to go back and get a four year degree, even though I love college. It’s a matter of dollars and cents. And with tuition costs the way they are today, good grief! I heard that California college are now charging extra fees to get your diplomas, and even making graduates pay for tickets at $10 a pop or more for not only family member to attend the commencement, but the graduates themselves have to find a ticket. The scary thing is that the people running the colleges see nothing wrong with such highway robbery and talk like they are entitled to gouge students for every nickel they can get.

11. Frank
    May 14, 2013 at 7:17 pm — Reply

It’s an interesting poll showing the education level of the “Major Spoiler’s” readers. It’s about what I would expect.
    I’ve got BS in Computer Science.

12. May 14, 2013 at 7:35 pm — Reply

MD in screen name and real life.

13. May 15, 2013 at 2:24 am — Reply

Doctor, GP. But on the far side of the world that does not get you stinking rich – unfortunately :)

14. Hezzie
    May 15, 2013 at 3:42 am — Reply

Other, I suppose.
    In my country you get a lot of school based theory mixed in with practical work experience when you learn a trade, so becoming a certified electrician still took as long as getting through collage would here.
    Took as long, earn half the money! Yay!