Last night, ABC debuted the first trailer for this fall’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that features the much talked about return of Agent Phil Coulson.

Beyond Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, the show features Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen), Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge).

Though it comes from Joss Whedon, I wonder how closely it will tie into the greater Marvel movie universe, or if continuity errors will make things complicated.

MOVIE REVIEW: Star Trek Into Darkness

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Setting Up For The Big Five-Oh Edition

1. Firefox
    May 13, 2013 at 1:48 pm — Reply

I do hope they answer the question of how Coulson is back.

• Andrew
      May 13, 2013 at 1:58 pm — Reply

Yes, the pilot will address that issue. From what I’ve heard “deception is involved”. In other words, Fury lied.

• May 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm — Reply

Fury lied … ?!

I’m shocked! Shocked!

2. Arbor Day
    May 13, 2013 at 3:23 pm — Reply

I do hope they bring in 2nd and 3rd string heroes and villains from the marvel universe. Having Damage Control develop as a secondary plot point over the season could be funny.

• May 14, 2013 at 8:10 am — Reply

That could be TV gold…

3. May 15, 2013 at 2:31 am — Reply

I looking forward too it. I will say I was surprised to see Supurbia writer Grace Randolph freaking out about it on her Youtube channel.

I’m not a Joss Whedon fanatic but I give the guy credit he a darn good show runner and his ability to get a large group of writers to work together effectively is often overly looked. Not everything he has done has been TV gold but its always been well produced. This is a high profile project but i think it will work out. At the very least I sense Marvel is going into this with a plan.

Hell, there is a good chance this show might get me watching live tv again, and that hasn’t happened since the 1990’s