Lords of the Feywild

This episode of Critical Hit, A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: Meet Clan Devil Bear!

Take the Major Spoilers Survey!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

HUMOR: Spock and Spock battle it out in new Audi commercial

REVIEW: BlackAcre #6

1. Steve A.
    May 11, 2013 at 9:27 am — Reply

It’s interesting to hear some Randus/Trelle interaction; everyone enjoys a nice awkward hug.

This will all end with treants, of course.

2. Thecarl
    May 11, 2013 at 4:18 pm — Reply

• Dave
      May 12, 2013 at 6:36 am — Reply

As much as I usually hate comments like this, I would really like some high adventure as well. We’ve had a LOT of character development in the past episodes, and as much as I like it, I signed up for the Torqletones and window-jumping with some wibbley-woobley, timey-wimey in between.

Please do note that this is your podcast and you will do whatever you like, guys. I am only expressing an opinion, not making a request.

3. SpiderSoup
    May 12, 2013 at 2:20 am — Reply

Mathew’s jokes saved this episode for me. Girl talk, with Trelle and Moth!

4. May 12, 2013 at 4:36 am — Reply

Great episode :)
    The Torqeltones have never been on horseback together.
    As far as I remember, and I have a pretty good memory. (And have heard the episodes like 4 times)

5. ripspiritbear
    May 12, 2013 at 9:11 am — Reply

Possible Alternate Titles for Critical Hit #199:

Moonsters & Hairbrushes
    The Millionth Forced Hug
    Commandos & Conditioners
    The Hugba
    How I Met Your Mohawk
    Frosting Tips On Exhausting Trips
    It Would Please Me If You Didn’t Squeeze Me (Yet Again)
    Of Money and Curling Iron Weapons

• Marco
      May 12, 2013 at 12:50 pm — Reply

“How I Met Your Mohawk” wins for me

• PureChaosDI
        May 12, 2013 at 2:01 pm — Reply

i prefer Commando’s and Conditioners

• Firefox
          May 12, 2013 at 3:12 pm — Reply

When Randis met Trelle

• PureChaosDI
            May 12, 2013 at 4:51 pm — Reply

what about: “The walking dead(men)”

6. nazgul
    May 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm — Reply

I don’t mean to insult anyone, but I have to be honest when I say this feels like filler. Mathew’s tendency to grab the spot-light used to slightly annoy me, but at least the pop references were hilarious. While I’m all for character development, I don’t think I can take another episode of hair-dressing tips on the Trelle Show.

7. Nazgul2
    May 13, 2013 at 2:24 am — Reply

Must admit i agree with nazgul’s comment – its turning into the trelle show. The show has changed the addition of her to incorporate her play style, which i dont think gels as much with the other players. When fighting, perhaps someone could explain that make your rolls then give the description as her turns take forever and im inclined to fast foward. Nothing against her per say, however she is taking over…

• Emil
      May 13, 2013 at 8:43 am — Reply

I wouldn’t say Trelle is taking over. I do think whenever she interjects something like “oh this poor horsie has a saddle on it hold on while i address this injustice” that a large chunk of the listeners collectively groan and say “we get it, already…”.

• Emil
        May 13, 2013 at 9:02 am — Reply

I reread what I wrote and I shouldn’t generalize and say “a large chunk”. In my group of friends who listen that is how the majority feels. And by the way we’re all girls in college so no misogyny in this opinion (keep seeing that word thrown around on twitter!).

8. Nazgul2
    May 13, 2013 at 6:11 pm — Reply

Im sure its just me getting used to the characters and people – like family there will always be things which you spot which push your buttons. When I first started listening to the show, it was funny that Mathew would appear to use die rolls to link to important moments – either critical hits or fails depending on the creative mood, then i got used to it and its now fine :-)

This was followed with Stephen’s constant reminders to Rodrigo how many hit points he had left when in a fight ( as if this was going to save him from a fair whupping!). Then I got used to that.

Like everything, different people play and live in different ways and its all about being open minded. the story kicks ass, Rodrigo is the best GM I have experienced and its part of my routine to listen to the podcast religiously. The only thing about The Trelle side of things which started to get under the skin, is she’s coming from a roleplaying aspect which is grounded in the minute details of playing a character to its full potential, which is something ive never experienced, hence it jars for me, but im sure ill get over it also.

Keep up the great work guys n gal !

9. stellarleader
    May 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm — Reply

I really like you guys, but I really hope the next time Trelle tells anyone ‘can we talk for a minute?’, that anyone says no.

• Nazgul2
      May 14, 2013 at 5:05 pm — Reply

Is it me or does that sound like a ghostbusters reference :)

• SpiderSoup
      May 15, 2013 at 3:04 am — Reply

Either that or edit out the “ummms”

• KingDutracus
        October 22, 2013 at 9:35 am — Reply

Oh God yes, so far since she joined you could probably fill two entire episodes with her uhs and uhms only.

10. Spencer
    May 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm — Reply

I thought Stagzi’s name was supposed to be a secret and his “working” name was Mr. Whispers?

11. Everyoneofthelisteners
    May 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm — Reply

Trelle is annoying, everyone has their flaws but hers are soooo annoying. It makes me want to stop listening whenever she talks. She makes everything about her and her character and completely takes all the fun out of listening. Please tell her to relax and have fun… Or kill her :)

12. May 19, 2013 at 3:41 am — Reply

Okay, why would Trelle be in favor of removing the horse’s saddle but leave the bit in? That’s bass-ackwards. As much as they’ve established that Trelle is basically a nature guide, she should know that the saddle is good for a horse. It helps distribute the weight of the person riding it so that it’s back isn’t receiving a lot of pressure in one spot. Think of it like a backpack for a horse.

Meanwhile, the bit is what’s used to control a horse, and would be something it would make sense for her to get upset about.

I think this is an example of a player knowing less than their character, but seeing as she’s playing with a computer directly in front of her, this is something that could easily be researched.

13. Listener
    May 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm — Reply

Not to be a hater; but the show just isn’t fun anymore.
    Favorite bits like Orem lying to the ghost pirates; the interns; the first encounter with the evil; Torq jumping out a window; Ket trying to get a room, etc are no more
    They have all been replaced with 30-40 minutes of uncomfortable conversations. I understand that we are getting deeper into the characters, but any time I hear you guys starting into one of these, I completely tune out..,its just gotten boring and repetitive.

Again, I don’t mean to be a hater, please bring the fun back

• Listener in VA
      May 20, 2013 at 4:13 pm — Reply

I totally agree. Call me a hater if you want to disregard my opinion, but the long Trelle conversations and hug sessions are really dragging down this podcast. I barely got through her lost love arc to now be placed in her radical sensibilities. It’s one thing to try to play up Trelle’s nature loving side, but if her character has so much problems harming creatures, she wouldn’t be an adventurer.

• The Angry Monk
        January 3, 2016 at 2:45 am — Reply

OK, I just thought it was me being a grumpy ol’ fart, but I’m not crazy. When Trelle told Randus to follow her into a tent, I thought to myself, “OMG, I’m listening to a girl in grade six.” And all the touching and hugging…if she was at my table, I’d tell Adriana to stop. Some episodes there’s just too much pointless, look-at-me role-playing.

• January 3, 2016 at 8:52 am — Reply

To each his own, I guess. There are a number of people who enjoy these kinds of moments.

14. Ben
    October 1, 2013 at 9:46 am — Reply

I had the same thought. Keep the saddle that’s as much for the horse as the rider. (Neeiggh… thanks Trell for bouncing up and down directly on my spine!) and loose the bit for a rope halter or hackmore.