As the nominations for the 2013 Eisner Awards were revealed today, IDW Publishing was honored to be up for nine of the iconic trophies; including one shared with Marvel for one of the industry’s best artists!
“It’s always a great feeling to see our books nominated for Eisner Awards,” said IDW’s Publisher and CEO Ted Adams. “We love seeing the creators, our editors, and their books be recognized for all the hard work that goes into them, and seeing IDW nominated in such a wide field of categories this year is especially exciting.”
- Best Adaptation from Another Medium – Richard Stark’s Parker: The Score, adapted by Darwyn Cooke.
- Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips – Alex Raymond’s Flash Gordon and Jungle Jim, vol. 2, edited by Dean Mullaney.
- Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips – Percy Crosby’s Skippy, vol. 1, edited by Jared Gardner and Dean Mullaney.
- Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books – David Mazzucchelli’s Daredevil Born Again: Artist’s Edition, edited by Scott Dunbier.
- Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books – Wally Wood’s EC Stories: Artist’s Edition, edited by Scott Dunbier.
- Best Penciller/Inker – Chris Samnee, Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom.
- Best Lettering – Troy Little, Angora Napkin 2: Harvest of Revenge.
- Best Comics-Related Book – Woodwork: Wallace Wood 1927–1981, edited by Frédéric Manzano.
- Best Publication Design – David Mazzucchelli’s Daredevil Born Again: Artist’s Edition, designed by Randy Dahlk.
IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro’s The TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE, Paramount’s Star Trek; HBO’s True Blood; the BBC’s DOCTOR WHO; Toho’s Godzilla; and comics and trade collections based on novels by worldwide bestselling author, James Patterson. IDW is also home to the Library of American Comics imprint, which publishes classic comic reprints; Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studio.
IDW’s critically- and fan-acclaimed series are continually moving into new mediums. Currently, Warner Brothers and Barry Sonnenfeld are attached to adapt LORE into a feature film starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Disney are creating a feature film based on World War Robot, with Michael Bay‘s Platinum Dunes and Sony bringing Zombies vs. Robots to film.