Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

REVIEW: Avenging Spider-Man #19

Major Spoilers Podcast #515: The Flash: Born to Run

1. Elijah Williams
    April 16, 2013 at 9:44 pm — Reply

I am so pumped

2. Arbor Day
    April 16, 2013 at 9:56 pm — Reply

I’m still not sold on Henry Cavill. Tom Welling and Brandon Rath just look more like Superman to me. He looks too much like a male model.

3. April 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm — Reply

I’m down.

4. April 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm — Reply

Great Rao. Kal-El

5. Jason from Hawaii
    April 16, 2013 at 10:47 pm — Reply

Holy ****! Now THAT looks like a “Superman” movie!!!

6. LemmyCaution
    April 16, 2013 at 11:26 pm — Reply

Honestly, it’s Superman. I just want to see him punch stuff and fly around and have cool adventures. This trailer is too calculated, too emo for me. The part where he flew and punched & punched & punched someone at the end was awesome! More of that, less “I’m Batman” and I’m in.

7. Randallw
    April 17, 2013 at 3:14 am — Reply

The trailer looks like Jor-el sent Kal-el to Earth to escape a civil war on Krypton. Zod then wins the war and comes looking for Kal-el.

8. April 17, 2013 at 9:04 am — Reply

Hell, I’d go to this one just for the special effects. “You will believe a man can fly.” I remember that ad for the Christopher Reeve Superman when I first saw it in a theater in Manhattan. I was a teenager up there for a trip and we went to one of the huge cinemas downtown with the biggest screen I had seen until IMAX came out. I don’t like that they did the “emo kid wandering the world searching for his place” bit a’la Bruce Wayne before the joined the League of Assassins. But Crowe’s narration is a DAMN sight better than Marlon Brando’s.

9. BigPapaRama
    April 17, 2013 at 9:24 am — Reply

I like the muted color palette. Makes it feel more “real” than “fantasy.” Also like what little we see of Amy Adams.

10. Jon
    April 17, 2013 at 12:22 pm — Reply

Great trailer. Seems more like Dawn of the Dead Snyder, which is a very good thing in my books.

Really turned me from ambivalent to excited about this movie.

11. April 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm — Reply

Yet another origin story?? Oh my.
    Besides that… meh