Recently, I found myself amused by events in my hometown, during which a not-for-profit group bought AN ENTIRE HOUSE for the sole purpose of trolling the city’s resident hate group.  While I’m uncertain whether said group will actually care, I have to respect the chutzpah of whomever chose to make that statement.  Were I rich myself, I could see myself dedicating a portion of my treasure to annoying in creative ways those who offend me (after bankrolling a certain pop-culture website, of course.)  Of course, once that’s budgeted, I’d also get a Ferrari and an ugly shirt and re-enact episodes of ‘Magnum: PI’ with an all-ferret cast…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) thinks we should ask for *more* than a million dollars.  After all, million dollars isn’t exactly a lot of money these days. Virtucon alone makes over 9 billion dollars a year, asking:  What would you choose to do as a full-time “job” if you had unlimited funds?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

TOYS: The Mirror Universe invades the Star Trek Minimates line

REVIEW: Fever Ridge #2

1. Praion
    March 20, 2013 at 1:06 pm — Reply

Roleplaying Design no wait. “Playtesting”

2. Firefox
    March 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm — Reply

testing, wondering why my comment isn’t showing.

• Firefox
      March 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm — Reply

weird, it is showing now, so my answer to the question is video game “testing”

3. March 20, 2013 at 1:53 pm — Reply

I’m not old enough to settle into one thing. I’d have to dabble.

Top of my list though: finally devote some time to learning how to program in Java, and make fan mods for Minecraft.

Else: podcasting, writing adventure modules for D&D 3.5, creating several different CCGs I’ve had in the back of my mind for a while.

4. March 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm — Reply

I would set up and manage a dedicated Vancouver baduk club / academy and work towards organizing a Canadian professional system by hiring Korean and Chinese pros to promote the game here. I love that game. I was happy to hear Lee Sedol is moving to North America to promote the game internationally.

Oh, and I would start up a meadery. Honey wine is best wine.I just bottled my latest 11L batch.

5. March 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm — Reply

Actually, I probably wasn’t thinking big enough. If I had unlimited funds, I’d fund a private Space Program to go to all the planets in the solar system, plus Pluto, and some asteroids. And unlimited funds, right? A Space Ark program to go to Alpha Centauri.

And a Space Elevator on every planet (including Earth if physically possible, which I will discover by funding carbon nanotube research).

And I would buy solar panels and wind turbines for every person in China, Brazil, India, and Russia. Which ought to solve global warming you’re welcome.

6. Dave
    March 20, 2013 at 2:16 pm — Reply

I would silently finance Major Spoilers under the moniker “R.J. Brande.”

7. aerohalen1
    March 20, 2013 at 4:33 pm — Reply

Be Tony Stark.

8. March 20, 2013 at 4:45 pm — Reply

Start my own professional wrestling company and drive Vince McMahon and family into retirement.

9. March 20, 2013 at 4:50 pm — Reply

I wouldn’t mind backing Major Spoilers with that kind of money, but then I would draw comic books and force the writers to praise my work above all others. That would be fun.

10. March 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm — Reply

1. Become a full-time Transformers historian.
    2. Hire Scott Shaw! to make Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew the dominant comic presence on the market.

11. March 20, 2013 at 5:58 pm — Reply

If I had unlimited funds, I’d start up a production company similar to The Asylum to create parody mockbusters.

I would also try to secure rights to create unofficial stories set in established universes similar to the movies that spun out of Doctor Who characters (the Auton films, “Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans”, etc.).

12. Chris
    March 20, 2013 at 6:58 pm — Reply

Write full-time for Major Spoilers!

13. March 20, 2013 at 8:09 pm — Reply

Angel investor for interesting Kickstarter-style projects

14. Christopher
    March 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm — Reply

to quote my hero, Peter Gibbons, I’d relax, I would sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

15. Mitch
    March 20, 2013 at 10:28 pm — Reply

Make trebuchets and catapults and other delirious siege weaponry

16. Solid Muldoon
    March 20, 2013 at 11:34 pm — Reply

Two chicks at the same time, man.

• Christopher
      March 21, 2013 at 8:51 pm — Reply

nice!

17. Allen
    March 21, 2013 at 7:30 am — Reply

I would run a used book store!