Edgar Wright brought the idea of an Ant-Man movie to Marvel and it apparently had so much potential they decided to throw it into the new Marvel Movie Universe. It seems that early footage of the film has leaked on to the Internet, so hurry up and watch the video before the suits yank it down!

UPDATE: Less than an hour and Disney has taken it down.  Sorry, but if you saw it, you now have an idea of what Edgar Wright is planning.

UPDATE 2: Vimeo has the video now, so you have yet another chance to watch the video.

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

ART APPRECIATION MOMENT OF THE DAY: Carter Johnson

Major Spoilers Podcast #511: Tokyo Babylon

1. March 19, 2013 at 10:08 pm — Reply

Very cool, good use of size-shifting

2. March 19, 2013 at 11:09 pm — Reply

I’ll hold off any excitement until I know for sure this isn’t another hoax “leaked clip”. It looked good, but so have several of the fake “leaked” clips of other movies fans waited for.

• March 19, 2013 at 11:21 pm — Reply

I would say this is pretty spot on. This follows the reports we heard following comic-con last year from those that saw the reel.

• March 20, 2013 at 3:04 am — Reply

I do hope it is because it looked great, but I’m just a bit weary because there have been a few similar leaks under similar circumstances where it ended up being a very well made hoax by skilled people with too much time on their hands.

It did look great, though, and I do hope that is the sort of thing we can expect when it does come to the big screen.

• Cat Halo
          March 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm — Reply

I’m in agreement with the honorable Mr Schleicher. That footage is exactly what I heard about last year.
          And it looks pretty kick ass. Pure Edgar, on a bigger scale than usual.

• March 21, 2013 at 5:57 am — Reply

I think you mean smaller scale…*dodges tomatoes from the audience*

3. diusgh
    March 19, 2013 at 11:10 pm — Reply

Awesome

4. Justin Wawrzonek
    March 20, 2013 at 9:51 am — Reply

This looks great! Ant-Man is one of my favorite superheroes, and this seems to do him justice.

5. March 20, 2013 at 11:38 am — Reply
    • b003
      March 20, 2013 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Thanks!

6. Rome
    March 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm — Reply

Yeah, but where are all the little ants he gets to ride around on?

7. Cat Halo
    March 20, 2013 at 4:09 pm — Reply

I liked it. From the 50’s-ish opening, and the muted colors, to the suit (though I can’t attest to the accuracy of the suit), and the style of the action. And with Mr Wright calling the shots, it can’t help but be kinetic, charming, and funny.
    But it’s early days yet, and it’s only 60 seconds of footage. However, my interest is considerably greater now than it has been.

8. Ian
    March 20, 2013 at 7:57 pm — Reply

Quality looked weak and what’s up with the Vader rebreather?

• AllenBT
      March 24, 2013 at 11:12 am — Reply

The original size changing mechanism for Pym used special atomic particles in a a gas suspension that he inhaled to change size. Only later did his body retain the ability after repeat usage.

9. b003
    March 20, 2013 at 9:25 pm — Reply

Does everybody in the Marvel universe land on their feet like Spiderman?
    Other than that looks pretty good. I’d like to Warner counter with The Atom.