Cartoon Network announced a few weeks ago that Green Lantern: Animated and Young Justice had been canceled and last week they gave the start date for the next DC animated show, Teen Titans Go! A promo has been released for the upcoming show and it is available for you to watch just after the jump.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YUauib8k2Y&w=640&h=360]

Teen Titans Go! certainly is going for a different feel than the shows that it is replacing, but it looks like it could a nice dose of fun. Teen Titans Go! premiers on Tuesday, April 23 at 7:30 p.m. and will also run during the DC Nation block on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.

What do you think about this replacing the current shows? Will you be watching this April? Let us know in the comments below!

via Superhero Hype

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Hecate Sounds Like You're Speaking Pig Latin Edition

REVIEW: Fearless Defenders #2

1. March 18, 2013 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Definitely will be passing on this show.
    It seems that the Cartoon Network executive is saying that “Kids today” respect hi-jinks over plot.

2. March 18, 2013 at 12:23 pm — Reply

Wow. Cancel Young Justice ans give us….this? Pass.

3. Frank
    March 18, 2013 at 12:36 pm — Reply

Strip everything smart and funny out of Teen Titans and you get this stuff. I’ll pass.

4. aerohalen1
    March 18, 2013 at 3:47 pm — Reply

Vader said it best in Revenge of the Sith….”NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Chad Vader
      March 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm — Reply

Do Not Want.

5. March 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm — Reply

I’m pretty disappointed. Earlier reports by CN had claimed it would be closer to the older Teen Titans style of animation with lighter storylines. This doesn’t really fit that description, at least concerning the animation style.

I was already considering not watching the DC Nation block because of the new Batman series, but this cinches it. I’m sure some kids will like it, but it just doesn’t interest me.

6. elgringo
    March 18, 2013 at 7:55 pm — Reply

WTF IS THIS @#$%!!! I just watched the final episode of young justice, and this is what replaces it?!

7. March 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm — Reply

Gotta say that I’m pretty disappointed with this move from Cartoon Network. They keep cancelling good shows like “Symbionic Titan, Young Justice and Green Lantern.” Then replace it with utter dreck like this. Cartoon Network is going the way of MTV, remember when they had good stuff on?

8. March 19, 2013 at 4:31 am — Reply

My initial impression of this as Newsgrounds Titans hasn’t been disproven. Passing so fast on this, especially since it’s replacing both its much better parent series & much better DC Nation series. Blech.

9. Adam
    March 19, 2013 at 6:00 am — Reply

Don’t totally blame Cartoon Network for this debacle; Warner Entertainment is the one that made the decision to cancel YJ and GL because they wanted yet another crappy bat toon and a “kid friendly” TT
    But yes…total pass on this crap

10. Omaha Steve
    March 19, 2013 at 8:59 am — Reply

Not to pile on, but everything I’ve seen of this new series makes me not want to watch it. Bad form warner bros., bad form indeed.

11. March 19, 2013 at 10:09 am — Reply

Young Justice gets cancelled for this pile of steaming…
    This is why Marvel continues to dominate in the media sector TV/Movies because of decisions like this.

Although I think I’ll prefer the “old” Avengers cartoon, rather than this new one set to come out.

12. Teflonknight
    March 19, 2013 at 7:21 pm — Reply

I totally agree that this is crap. What is with the new group of bad animation, goofy over the top cartoons? What is the average run of cartoons now? 2-3 seasons? There is sure a dearth of good cartoons lately…at this rate there will be nothing to watch on TV.

13. b003
    March 19, 2013 at 7:58 pm — Reply

No Clone Wars, No Young Justice, just starting to watch GL. Decisions like this make me glad I can watch Anime on my computer.

14. Berry Grey
    May 19, 2013 at 2:30 pm — Reply

Ok so I watched a episode and I must say Its not actually that bad and it’s certainly not canon (they didn’t even know trigon was Raven’s dad) and i did get a decent laugh out of some parts but it’s far from on par with Young Justice or Green Lantern