Remember when Michael Bay announced the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? Remember when he said it wouldn’t feature turtles, and the teenagers would be from outer space? Remember how every crapped on the movie based on a rough script, that then caused Michael Bay to yell at everyone on the Intardwebz, and tell them to trust him? Yeah… now the director claims Megan Fox will be in the TMNT movie…

In a post to his website, Michael Bay posted

TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!

Michael Bay

Sure, go ahead and speculate that Megan will play April O’Niel, everyone else has already. But what if Bay is being my literal, and the “family” refers to the turtles?  What if Megan Fox is actually going to play Venus de Milo?

Let that simmer in your brain for the weekend…

936full-megan-fox

via Michael Bay

FRIDAY SING-ALONG: I Dreamed a Dream

MOVIES: Three character posters for Iron Man 3

1. February 22, 2013 at 11:16 am — Reply

Remember when Megan Fox said Michael Bay was “like Hitler?” Pretty amazing that they might be working together again.

• February 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm — Reply

That’s Hollywood for you!

• February 22, 2013 at 1:23 pm — Reply

I can only assume the real Megan Fox has been replaced by a robot duplicate.

2. Frank
    February 22, 2013 at 1:40 pm — Reply

You mean Life Decoy Model?

3. Arbor Day
    February 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm — Reply

Maybe Michael Bay secretly hates TMNT. Like at his eighth birthday party his parents got someone to dress up as one and then caught the guy with his mom while wearing the suit. Or got a Pro Pilot Donatello instead of Surfing Michelangelo which is what I clearly asked for.

Also, while I’m not one to instantly hate on an actress just cause of her perceived celebrity persona, I don’t think Megan Fox is right for the part.

• February 22, 2013 at 3:28 pm — Reply

For the longest time when TMNT toys first came out, all I wanted was one of each basic turtle. Instead, for two years at birthday and Christmas, I kept getting Donatello. But they were put to good use, as I pretended Shredder and Skeletor had teamed up to create evil magical clones of Donatello to use his intelligence to defeat the combined army of heroes.

I also agree that I don’t think she’d be right for the part of April. I could see her playing another role, but she just doesn’t feel right if she’s been chosen as April. But I don’t have a lot of faith in the movie in the first place because of Bay’s overinflated ego.

4. Brian DeLaney
    February 22, 2013 at 5:17 pm — Reply

Karai?

5. February 23, 2013 at 9:07 am — Reply

When your career of sashaying woodenly hits the skids, damn right you’ll work for Michael Bay again. Megan hasn’t opened anything but rejection letter since Jennifer’s Body. She’ll be happy to join thus cast… I think she’s Splinter, though.

• February 24, 2013 at 12:50 am — Reply

I vote for her playing Krang.