They say that everyone has a double somewhere in the world, but I’ve always been a little troubled by the fact that I’ve never seen mine.  When Otter Disaster and I were in college back during the late Cretaceous, there was another student at the university who looked remarkably like him, enough that we called him (unofficially, and never to his face) “Otherotter.”  I am, however, very lucky in that the only FAMOUS person that I’m ever told I resemble is also someone whom I respect and whose work I really love: Penn Jillette.  While I’m not nearly as handsome as the big guy, I am just about as loud, which I think balances things out, and when I had my own enormous Kentucky Waterfall haircut, I tended to model it on Penn’s hair.  (Whether or not I was successful is another tale entirely.)  Having an acquaintance who is a dead ringer for a young Tiffany Amber-Theissen, though, I expect that having a complete celebrity doppelganger is a HUUUUGE pain in the patookus, it would make it easier to figure out what happens when you eventually become a Lifetime movie of the week (as we probably all will.)

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) can’t decide whether Young Zach should be played by Michael Cera or Selena Gomez, asking:  Who would you want to play YOU in the movie of your life?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

SNEAK PEEK: Jirni #1

MOVIES: Star Trek Into Darkness featurette released

1. February 20, 2013 at 10:30 am — Reply

Paul Giamatti.

2. February 20, 2013 at 10:41 am — Reply

Jason Biggs, if I can age him back a decade.

3. Allen
    February 20, 2013 at 10:43 am — Reply

Christopher Eccleston when I had my hair cut short.

4. February 20, 2013 at 10:46 am — Reply

I just asked my teenage goddaughter the other day who would play me in a movie about my life, and she said “The chick that plays Tamsin on Lost Girl” (who also happened to play Dinah on “Birds of Prey” a while back, Rachel Skarsten). Not exactly who I’d have chosen (I think she’s cuter than I am) but I suppose it works. I don’t exactly look my age.

I would have actually chosen another Lost Girl actress, Zoie Palmer. She’d just need a bit of makeup, a Decepticon wheelchair, and a mischievous smirk.

5. February 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm — Reply

My wife thinks I look like Ryan Hurst now that I have a beard.

6. February 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm — Reply

I’m really not sure. Anyone know if one of those fat Buddhas ever got it on with a lady Bigfoot? ‘Cause their offspring is probably the closest match I can think of.

7. Davis
    February 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm — Reply

Even if I am an Irish-American Indian raised in Texas… even Jewish people assume I’m Jewish. Gabe Kaplan and Harrison Ford are who other people say I look like.
    Throw a beard on Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler… and they look like a younger me.
    Do the math… I could be a “Texas Jew Boy”… just for one day.
    Gonna have to ask “Kinky Friedman” about that.

8. February 20, 2013 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Chuck Norris. Actually, if there’s an actor out there that looks like Hank McCoy before he got blue hair that would have to be it.

9. litanyofthieves
    February 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm — Reply

If it’s a comedy, Seth Rogen.

If it’s a drama, Richard Armitage.

10. ArcticPhoenix
    February 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm — Reply

A bloody good actor is all i can say! I dont want to be represented poorly haha

11. February 20, 2013 at 3:43 pm — Reply

Jeff, the Subway guy.

12. B.V.K.
    February 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm — Reply

I have been told I look like everyone from Kevin James to John Elway to Phil Mckelson to Paul White (when I had a goatee) which is kind of a wide swath of people. I guess I’d put all their pictures on a dart board and take my chances.

13. February 20, 2013 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Ethan Hawke bears a ridiculous resemblance to me.

14. GeorgeDubya
    February 20, 2013 at 6:19 pm — Reply

My first thought was Kevin Smith at around the Mallrats era, but I was unsure, so I asked those close to me.

My father said Jack Black without skipping a beat and then said “That Silent Bob guy.”
    My girlfriend said Peter Dinklage could pull off my snark, but Jack Black has the humor and looks more like me.
    One of my closest friends said she was stumped, but then said Jack Black and Kevin Smith would both fit.

15. Navarre
    February 20, 2013 at 7:09 pm — Reply

Jason Statham should play me in a feature film.

We are within a year of the same age. We’re both martial artists. We’re both ridiculously and ruggedly handsome.

16. February 21, 2013 at 9:04 am — Reply

Selena Gomez? Really?

Anyways, who would I want to play me in a movie would be Ryan Gossling but a casting director would be fired if she ever made that decision. So, yes, I would completely support Michael Cera playing myself.