My life, in general, is a big game of ‘Hey, It’s That Guy,’ which occasionally makes the afternoons go faster.  Of late, I’ve been enjoying ‘Bonanza’ or, as I call it, the adventures of Trapper John, Pa Ingalls, Commander Adama and Hoss.  (Sadly, the late Dan Blocker passed away during the series, and the only other thing I’ve ever seen him in was a Three Stooges short from the fifties.)  Either way, the big takeaway from watching Bonanza is that the theme song will stick in your head FOR DAYS after any given viewing, especially if you know the words.  (If you don’t, you can always rent Rodrigo’s fave-rave crap film, ‘The Pest,’ and hear them as sung by the always-energetic John Leguizamo.)  The same is true for a few other shows, and even a decade later I’ll occasionally find myself humming the haunting theme tune to ‘The X-Files.’

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) got a right to pick a little fight, asking:  What’s the most pernicious ear worm in all of pop culture?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

The Future of Marvel NOW! is Revolution

ART APPRECIATION MOMENT OF THE DAY: Christian Ward

1. Dan
    January 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm — Reply

without a doubt, the star wars cantina song. all i have to do is hum those first 7 notes (“doot-doot, doot-doot, doo-doo-doooo”) and everybody around me will hate me for a straight week because it simply will not go away.

and now you all hate me because it just got stuck in your head too. SHARE MY PAIN, MAJOR SPOILERS

2. Hannah
    January 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm — Reply

There is an old movie called Rio Bravo, which stars John Wayne and Dean Martin. In this movie Dean Martin sings a song called My Rifle, My Pony, and Me. It’s stuck in my head right now, and probably will be for a couple of days now…

3. Oldcomicfan
    January 12, 2013 at 1:55 pm — Reply

I’d have gone with “Sugar Baby Love” from the Anime “Little Snow Fairy Sugar” but it has been replaced by the “Dumb Ways to Die” song. Glad to know I’m not the only Rio Bravo fan.

4. Rob
    January 12, 2013 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Basically every episode of Phineas and Ferb. *Dooby dooby dooby, Agent P!*

5. January 12, 2013 at 6:07 pm — Reply

The Song That Never Ends

6. Frank
    January 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm — Reply

Daa-O Daa-o Daylight come and me wan’ go home.

7. Ron
    January 12, 2013 at 7:19 pm — Reply

It’s a toss up between Gangnam Style and the Mortal Kombat theme.

Also, Matthew, Dan Blocker was in a movie with Frank Sinatra; Lady In Cement. It’s shown on TCM every so often.

8. Vorpal
    January 13, 2013 at 12:42 am — Reply

I gotta go with the X-men theme song from the 90s cartoon.

My girlfriend, however, simply starts whistling the original Scooby-Doo theme.

9. Dan Hunter
    January 13, 2013 at 6:14 am — Reply

Bah Weep Grahna Weep Nini Bong (or however you spell it!)

10. Oldcomicfan
    January 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm — Reply

Trapper John? I got to admit that I missed the fact that Adam Cartwright and Trapper John was played by the same actor – probably because I never watched Trapper John M.D.

• January 13, 2013 at 9:53 pm — Reply

Yep. Pernell Roberts played Trapper John in his own series, although Elliot Gould originated the role in the movie, and Wayne Rogers played him in M*A*S*H.

11. AllenBT