Lords of the Feywild

This episode of Critical Hit: Cold and eagles do not mix.

Direct Download (Right Click+Save As)

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Super Mysterious

The Future of Marvel NOW! is Revolution

1. Matt
    January 12, 2013 at 6:02 pm — Reply

I love this show. Does anyone else picture Matthew as John Goodman as Walter from The Big Lebowski playing D&D?

2. Dave
    January 12, 2013 at 8:28 pm — Reply

I love that the first time Rodrigo puts in an honest-to-god, classic D&D treasure cache in a chest in a cave, it’s full of useless items. Intentional meta-joke?

• Marco
      January 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm — Reply

+1 Swords. Doh!

3. Adriana Ferguson
    January 13, 2013 at 1:58 am — Reply

Whoa! I didn’t think of that! I thought it was just realism! But that’s possible too!

4. January 13, 2013 at 4:26 am — Reply

I wouldn’t call frost poisons useless.. since they are good against the golden-kind. I think Rodrigo wanted the party to have some frost power since they lack that in the previous fights. but Hey maybe you right Dave :P

• Dave
      January 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm — Reply

Well, true enough, the potions are worthwhile. Still funny to me!

5. Dave from Sweden
    January 13, 2013 at 5:57 am — Reply

I always enjoy Rodrigo’s skill challenges, and like that you have consequences for failure that are negative but not immediately catastrophic. One small nitpick I have been thinking about, though, is that Orem has used or offered to use sun rods twice in the Fen of Winters now when he has Light as a cantrip. I like seeing him use his magic as a utility, and casting Light when he could just light a candle or something seems like the kind of thing he would do.

• January 14, 2013 at 12:41 am — Reply

Orem might have trained out of light, at some point.

• Dave from Sweden
        February 5, 2013 at 5:37 am — Reply

Maybe, though I’ve never seen any rule where you could re-train out of the cantrips since they’re non-combat utility powers.

6. February 5, 2013 at 8:05 am — Reply

You can retrain almost anything, including utility powers. The reason cantrips don’t usually get retrained is that up until recently there were only exactly as many cantrips as cantrip “slots”. Now that there are more choices retraining is fair game.