As often happens with the start of a new year, people begin to make goals on what they would like to accomplish in the next 365 days.  Goals of course need to be S.M.A.R.T.:

• Specific
  • Manageable
  • Articulated
  • Realistic
  • Time limited

This is the mantra for every self-help guru from Tony Robbins down to your fifth period sociology instructor.  It’s surprising that when someone has a goal, believes in it, and works toward it each day, the goal is usually accomplished.  Which brings us to this week’s Major Spoilers Poll of the Week.

Do you make New Year Resolutions?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

VIDEO: Mario Warfare - Part 2

On the next Major Spoilers Podcast: The Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank

1. SmarkingOut Adam
    January 1, 2013 at 10:21 am — Reply

I’ll still be writing 2012 on my checks in July. Who am I kidding if I make a New Years Resolution to change something bigger than that?

2. January 1, 2013 at 10:24 am — Reply

Lifestyle change requires more motivation than simple wishful thinking.

3. Vistapa Plus
    January 1, 2013 at 10:52 am — Reply

I can lie yo myself any day of the year, so for me, at leats, There’s no point in “New years resolutions”

4. bane
    January 1, 2013 at 11:05 am — Reply

I tend to not make resolutions I prefer goals for the year.

5. January 1, 2013 at 12:10 pm — Reply

My goals this year include:
    – Writing a full length original story rather than a bunch of short stories or stories set in franchise settings by my birthday (October 9, so I’ve got plenty of time).
    – Get a new wheelchair by my birthday. As much as I like the one I have, it was used when I got it and it is wearing out quickly.
    – Make a Dekaranger uniform inspired jacket (not costume, but a proper chilly weather jacket) before Fall.

Silly goals, yeah, but they distract me from the stress of my health issues and such.

6. January 1, 2013 at 12:50 pm — Reply

I always felt New Years Resolutions were kinda pointless. If you want to do something in the year plan ahead, take the time and do it. It’s a lot better than pining for you want to do “If only you had the time.”

7. ArcticPhoenix
    January 1, 2013 at 4:01 pm — Reply

I try to decide what i want from this next year, what i want to get out of it. For instance, this year i want to get much better at playing guitar. Its not necessarily a resolution, but something i want to do to make the year better. i suppose it is a resolution……..

8. GeorgeDubya
    January 1, 2013 at 5:38 pm — Reply

9. Oldcomicfan
    January 1, 2013 at 9:54 pm — Reply

Nah, I’ll be 57 this summer. Even if I made New Years Resolutions, I’d forget what they were before too long. I’m lucky if I can remember what day of the week it is, or to put on pants in the morning. I can, however, remember television commercial jingles from 40 years ago if that will help.

10. sliksham
    January 2, 2013 at 7:29 am — Reply

If you need to wait till 1 day in December to make a change in your life then your probably not going to see it through anyway.
    Resolutions fill column inches though, so who am I to argue? :)