MOVIES: Industrial Light and Magic shows off behind the scenes work for Avengers

SNEAK PEEK: Uncanny Avengers #3

1. aerohalen1
    December 28, 2012 at 1:59 pm — Reply

to bad Scatman Crothers died in 1986.

2. December 28, 2012 at 2:19 pm — Reply

No Spot?? It’s a disgrace!! ;)

3. December 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm — Reply

Hong Kong Phooey looked better than Marmaduke and Underdog by leaps and bounds.

I’m not sure what I think of Marvin the Martian yet.

4. December 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm — Reply

If Hong Kong Phooey was going to be eating urinal cakes, I think the world might be better without it.

5. Oldcomicfan
    December 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm — Reply

Hong Kong Phooey? If I wanted to watch live action shite like that, I’d rewatch all the Beverly Hills Cop movies. Marvin the Martian was pretty good. But that said, you can’t really call it live action if the main character is an animated character, can you? And what’s the point? If you have to animate the main character, why not just animate the rest of it, too? And, aside from Roger Rabbit, I cannot think of a single animated property that was redone in live action that was worth the time and money that was wasted producing the thing.

6. Josh "Spaceboot" Treleaven
    December 29, 2012 at 8:54 am — Reply

How comes the dog can talk but not the cat?

• December 31, 2012 at 12:16 pm — Reply

Beats me, but that is part of the original concept of Hong Kong Phooey.

Too bad that the bathroom jokes are so questionable.

Marvin, however, is marvelous. Looking forward for more of him.

7. Frank
    December 29, 2012 at 9:01 am — Reply

I would rather sit by Scatman Crother’s grave and watch grass grow than listen to Eddy Murphy for 2 hours.