What happens when super heroes are captured and forced to fight one another?  No, not Avengers Arena.  No, not Countdown: Arena, but a super low budget ($20,000 according to IMDB) indie film that arrives on Blu-ray in 2013.  Take the jump for a look at All Super Heroes Must Die.

allsuperheroesmustdieposter

Four superheroes awaken in a seemingly abandoned town, stripped of their powers and at the mercy of their sinister arch-nemesis who forces them into a series of brutal challenges — where the stakes include the lives of the innocent, as well as their own.

Has anyone seen this? I’m tempted to pick it up just on the trailer alone, but only if it is worth the time.

Thanks to @DrelbnariousRex for the tip.

DIGITAL COMICS: Andrews McMeel Publishing announces deal with comiXology

SOLICITATIONS: IDW Publishing announces T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents

1. ArcticPhoenix
    December 19, 2012 at 2:11 pm — Reply

Havent seen the movie, but this sounds like a reeeeally good idea for a limited series comic.

2. December 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm — Reply

I’m definitely interested enough to give it a look if I can snag up the cash or if I can find it at the video store (we get a LOT of low-budget flicks at the one place).

3. December 20, 2012 at 12:37 am — Reply

ok so I watched this trailer, I may feel the need to rent it on redbox but I have my doubts on this being any good.

4. December 20, 2012 at 11:31 am — Reply

It looks like a “wait to see if it pops up on Netflix” thing. I just recently saw a movie called Monster Brawl on Netflix that seems to be in the same low-budget fight fantasy movie category (thought it was formatted like a wrestling pay-per-view). The most shocking thing about the movie was the revelation of how many moderately well-known people were apparently in desperate need of a paycheck.

5. Blacksmith
    October 10, 2013 at 7:22 pm — Reply

I bought it as a $5 special at Walmart. Save your money. Don’t spend the extra for a blu ray of crap!

6. October 14, 2013 at 3:58 pm — Reply
  7. The Shadow
    October 17, 2013 at 5:24 pm — Reply

Question: What do you call four superheroes stripped of their powers?
    Answer: Four normal people.
    In other words, this movie is exactly the same as every other “Saw” rip-off, only with a goofier wardrobe paradigm. Superheroes are big right now (what with The Avengers &1.2 billion box-office take) and arguably more marketable than the usual spoiled-rotten teenagers and people with more skeletons in their closet than a medical school that one usually finds populating this kind of movie.

8. Ryan
    October 19, 2013 at 3:47 am — Reply

I have actually seen this and it is as you’d expect a little rough around the edges because of budget restraints. However it has a great story and it is really rather good. With a fairly twisted James Remar as the villain it also works on a maniacal level. The fact that it is low budget and set within an abandoned town actually makes it feel more real. I’m preordering/buying it no hesitation