As we move into a new age, one wonders what kind of high strangeness will befall us in the coming years. This week, it’s all about taking pills. Do you want to know what is going on behind the scenes, or do you keep on moving forward ignoring the bits and pieces peeking out from around the corner?

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you will wake up in your bed and believe what you want to believe. You take the red pill, you will stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Would you take the Red Pill, or the Blue Pill?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

REVIEW: Masks #1

REVIEW: Uncanny Avengers #2

1. December 4, 2012 at 11:05 am — Reply

Red Pill all the way. I’m one of those people that wants to know what else is out there (be it aliens or advanced machine overlords), no matter what it makes me think afterward. I don’t need to be stuck inside a program to maintain a delusion that I’m normal, I do that pretty well on my own.

2. ArcticPhoenix
    December 4, 2012 at 11:21 am — Reply

Ive had a pretty good day, got nothin to do, lets go to wonderland! Yaaaaay reality!

3. Navarre
    December 4, 2012 at 11:37 am — Reply

When I die, nothing I would have ever known will matter. I may as well enjoy my time here.

*takes the blue pill*

• December 4, 2012 at 11:48 am — Reply

You’re gonna miss out on the Selena Gomez clone soldiers on this side!!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist!

• Navarre
        December 4, 2012 at 5:57 pm — Reply

Pretty sure cozying up to a trio of Selena clones will only happen in my blue pill fantasy world. But, just in case, keep me posted.

4. Russ Catt
    December 4, 2012 at 12:11 pm — Reply

Here’s the thing: I like my little life.
    It may not be the flashiest one in the continuum but I have a decent job, a cozy house and someone (against all probability) who loves me.

I sleep well at night and that’s good enough for me.

5. Landle
    December 4, 2012 at 12:19 pm — Reply

I’m sorry, but I don’t make it a habit of accepting little pills from strange men in leather. I feel like that is a sure way to get an After School Special made about you. I choose neither.

6. Andreas
    December 4, 2012 at 12:43 pm — Reply

Wonderland! Wonderland!

7. December 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm — Reply

Here’s the problem I have: Taking the red pill doesn’t make me Neo. If I’m not Neo, I don’t nail Carrie Ann Moss. It I’m not nailing Carrie Ann Moss, I’m not the center of the story, and I probably go out like Cypher…

Hell, given my luck, I’ll probably go out like Switch, or get replaced by Harold Perrineau in the sequel because the producers don’t like me, not to mention the fact that the third sequel will be a cluster-schmozz that totally blurs the lines between the reality established by the first two and the fantasy that we are all, by inferrence, trapped in.

In short, if I have to take the chance of living through The Matrix: Revolutions, I’ll stay asleep in my happy little pod, dreaming of corporate bullcrap and never having to deal with the plotholes and frammistats and the betrayals of that rotten Joe Pantoliano. Give me the blue pill.

Next week’s Poll: Cake or Death?

• Law
      December 4, 2012 at 8:05 pm — Reply

Here’s your problem, it’s inferred that as Smith duplicates himself through the matrix, the people in pods die. So would you rather die oblivious or fighting?

8. Navarre
    December 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm — Reply

Cake is death…just a happy one.

Switch got a raw deal in The Matrix. Kind of funny that the character named “Switch” was simply switched off though.

9. GeorgeDubya
    December 4, 2012 at 6:24 pm — Reply

The truth is important, even when it hurts. Living with the knowledge of the truth of reality after taking the Red Pill might not be as comfortable as the mundane ignorance of the Blue Pill, but it is what’s real.

Also, you can have awesome fun times in the Construct area after loading information directly into your brain.

10. BigPapaRama
    December 4, 2012 at 7:05 pm — Reply

Ignorance is BLISS!

11. Law
    December 4, 2012 at 8:06 pm — Reply

Real is always better than false. Red pill me!!

12. Jason
    December 5, 2012 at 1:30 am — Reply

Blue. No, yel–
    [thrown off Bridge of Death]

13. M. Walsh
    December 5, 2012 at 9:14 am — Reply

Blue pill.

Yeah, with the red pill you find out the truth, you get super powers, wear bad ass clothes, and it’s all fun and games….but Zion is a s**t-hole, you eat “bowls of snot” every day, and as we learn in Reloaded & Revolutions, the whole rebellion was a lost cause that posed no threat to the machines in any way.

In the end, Cypher was right.