In the United States of America this week is a week of stuffing our mouths with turkey, stuffing, and a number of other goodies.  We understand our friends to the North sometimes celebrate two of these events, while others don’t celebrate at all.  For those of you who have some kind of Thanksgiving celebration, what is your favorite food?

NOTE: If you select other, you MUST use the comment section to tell us what it is.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

VARIANT COVER: Joe Quesada covers Amazing Spider-Man

SOLICITATIONS: Bluewater Production announces new Isis mini-series

1. Hirimno
    November 20, 2012 at 11:14 am — Reply

We make “orange rice” which is rice with all the livers and gizzards and neck for flavor and then use a lot of paprika to turn it orange.

2. ArcticPhoenix
    November 20, 2012 at 11:30 am — Reply

I voted other, because we make fish, and trust me, Thanksgiving fish is sooooooo good.

3. November 20, 2012 at 11:56 am — Reply

The Green Bean Casserole IS Thanksgiving. This dish is made on this day and no other…It is the glue that holds the whole thing together.

4. November 20, 2012 at 11:56 am — Reply

I had to vote other because, for me, it’s the combination of ALL OF THE ABOVE. I have turkey sandwiches throughout the year. Likewise, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce and deviled eggs and corn and dinner rolls are all very common. But they only come together one time a year and with their powers combined, I BECOME AS BIG AS A PLANET!! GO PLANET!!

5. Praion
    November 20, 2012 at 11:57 am — Reply

Other.

I am german so…

6. GeorgeDubya
    November 20, 2012 at 11:59 am — Reply

There’s nothing like a Turkey cooked well. You get the skin nice and crispy and the meat nice and moist.

And the best part is the leftovers. Turkey sandwiches for days. Mmmm.

7. Russ Catt
    November 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm — Reply

Other. With Canadian Thanksgiving falling a little earlier in the year, you can take advantage of the apple harvests to make some awesome APPLE PIE
    (or perhaps apple crisp if you don’t want to deal with the crust)

8. ClubberLang6
    November 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm — Reply

I think stuffing with turkey sausage is yummy.

9. November 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm — Reply

Grandma’s home made peanut butter fudge. She only makes it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

10. Josh
    November 20, 2012 at 2:16 pm — Reply

I voted for pumpkin pie, but a very close second would be dumplings. To me they are one of the staples of Thanksgiving dinner along with turkey and stuffing.

11. Dr.Chuck
    November 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm — Reply

My grandmothers Sweet potato casserole. im not a big fan of sweet potatos, or casseroles, but when my grandmothers puts them together for the thanksgiving feast it is magical.

12. morpheus11
    November 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm — Reply

I voted for Yams b/c they are so good. But, I also really enjoy a Sweat Potatoe Casserole made with marshmellows, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pure goodness.

13. November 20, 2012 at 5:03 pm — Reply

I voted other. There is this dish my partner makes that I absolutely love, but I don’t know the proper name for it. It is essentially a few different kinds of beans (like baked beans and a couple others), hamburger meat, bacon and some spices. It isn’t a soup or stew, more like a thick casserole thingie. But the flavors all work well together.

Equally good is the chocolate pudding pie we have for dessert (because a relative is allergic to pumpkins), complete with homemade crust and whipped cream.

14. B.V.K.
    November 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm — Reply

Specifically my brothers brined turkey. The best turkey I have ever had.

15. November 20, 2012 at 5:40 pm — Reply

I voted other, but that’s because there was no “all of the above” or “whatever they decide to serve” option.

16. November 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm — Reply

I voted yams/squash because Thanksgiving is the only time I get to make butternut squash au gratin. No one else in my household eats it, and it’s sooooo good.

Close second would be mashed potatoes, followed by pie.

17. November 20, 2012 at 10:49 pm — Reply

Southern-style dressing. Cooked properly, it is an amazing counterpoint to everything else on the plate.

18. Jeff Pegues
    November 21, 2012 at 12:24 am — Reply

I voted for others because we also have Ham and Lasagna.

19. Shawn
    November 21, 2012 at 1:28 am — Reply

I could quite happily eat stuffing for every meal, every day, forever.