BIZ: Keyleaf Comics closes its doors

SNEAK PEEK: R.I.P.D. - City of the Damned

1. websnap
    October 23, 2012 at 10:10 am — Reply

This is the first time a Marvel movie looked (at least from the tone of the trailer) like Nolan’s Batman series. Not trying to start anything (and personally, I think it is a good thing for this character) but it looks like it may be the best of the Iron Man series… and that says something. Very excited.

2. JaKe
    October 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm — Reply

I am very excited about this trailer. It seems to be a movie that has a reason for its existence beyond just to make the moneyz. I am pumped to see this come May and to see how the continuity from The Avengers pours over into the next round of solo movies.

3. October 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Holy Crap.

That looks FANTASTIC.

4. Patrick
    October 23, 2012 at 1:29 pm — Reply

Holy crap that looks good!

5. October 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm — Reply

Yeah, Iron Man 2 will go down in history as “the one that you don’t really need to see” after 3 comes out. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed 2, but 1 and 3 are going to be the ones that matter. I can’t wait till april

6. October 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm — Reply

This looks amazing. Anyone else catch the Captain America Shield on the Mandarins neck? Very odd.

• aerohalen1
      October 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm — Reply

i think you are looking at Mandarin’s rings.

7. Ricco
    October 23, 2012 at 6:58 pm — Reply

The movie is not yet out, I have no idea if it’ll be any good, but I’m going to see it if only for the extra scene after the credits. There I said it, I’m a sucker for the gimmick, oh the shame…

8. October 24, 2012 at 5:48 am — Reply

This deserves a Keanu Reeves “Woah.”

9. Oldcomicfan
    October 24, 2012 at 8:56 am — Reply

This trailer looks awesome! I had my doubts when it was announced that The Mandarin would be the main villain of the movie because Manny dates back to the Fu Manchu/Yellow Peril propaganda era. But it looks as if Marvel found a way to make the character relevant to modern sensibilites without resorting to racial stereotypes.