Lords of the Feywild

This episode: The fog conceals many things, including that which the Rivendorn siblings seek.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical-hit-169.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

REVIEW: Guarding the Globe #2

NYCC: Legos with a half-shell, Turtle Power!

1. GeorgeDubya
    October 13, 2012 at 11:53 am — Reply

Great episode. I absolutely loved Torq’s reactions and controlled growls during the parents Rivendorn’s snide remarks.

2. Andante
    October 13, 2012 at 3:51 pm — Reply

I love it. Spectacular portrayal of Orem’s parents. It’s great to see Orem struggle between friendship and Eladrin traditionalism. Loved the Trell and Kamis bit at the end!

3. Steven Bauer
    October 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm — Reply

Another amazing episode. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Great job everyone!!! One of my favourite parts was when Matthew asked about the white stone and Rodrigo went into great detail about it… how it wasn’t quite like marble, and had some pink undertones, when the question behind the question was “what happens if I punch it real hard?”

• October 14, 2012 at 12:19 am — Reply

Was waiting to hear Torq ask Randus for healing in advance, because WHAM!!!!!

4. October 14, 2012 at 12:17 am — Reply

Out of all the Episodes of Critical Hit, this is the first one that I couldn’t wait for it to end. Way too much exposition. I have no issue with episodes that are all RP, but for it to be:
    Orem: I’ll go to dinner, and you rest look around.
    Kamis: I’ll go to dinner, and you rest look around.
    Randus: You go to dinner, and we rest look around.
    Torq: You go to dinner, and we rest look around.
    Ket: You go to dinner, and we rest look around.
    Trelle: STOP!!!!!!! EVERYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG!!! WE ALL NEED TO TALK MORE!!!!
    I’m sorry, but I feel the episode came to a screeching halt. Waiting to hear Orem’s decision about staying or running against the skeletons wasn’t this frustrating. I was literally yelling at the audio for the plot to move on. Rodrigo is good enough that which ever direction the plot actually moves in, the story won’t come to a grinding end, the way this episode did.

• October 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm — Reply

Also, who would know their parents better than Orem and Kamis. What is Trelle doing saying she knows the Rivendorns’ motivations better than their own kids?

• Steven Bauer
      October 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm — Reply

I could not disagree with you more. Plot should take a backseat to character development, because its character that drives plot forward in compelling storytelling. This is especially important in long form storytelling like ongoing comic series or a full length D&D campaign. The plot is there to highlight character growth.

• Timothy
      August 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm — Reply

Nah dude

5. Russ Catt
    October 14, 2012 at 7:30 am — Reply

That was a really good show. Rodrigo provided a wonderful setup again and the players hit it out of the park. Again loving Trelle’s character moments.
    Can’t wait for next week.

6. Andreas
    October 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm — Reply

Yes! Luke vs Darth Vader fight – go!

Why was Orem looking for the pinheads anyway? Just becaurse its his parents doesn’t mean you have to like them.

• Steven Bauer
      October 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm — Reply

Even if you don’t like your parents, there’s a pull to wanting some kind of relationship with them. Orem was looking because he thought they might have been dead.

7. BoosterGold
    October 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm — Reply

A good episode, liked most of the RP other than some of the characters spoiling for a fight that at this point seems unneeded.

8. Sydness
    October 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm — Reply

Adriana’s twitter says leave a comment here or else Poke dies. I’m taking no chances.

• Rob
      October 17, 2012 at 5:13 am — Reply

I refuse to give in the emotional blackmail… oh. Dammit!

9. Rob
    October 17, 2012 at 5:04 am — Reply

Another great episode finally answering the question “What is wrong with Orem?” and some nice character development for Trelle and Kamis.

My problem now is that a life time of watching TV tells me that whenever a main character makes a connection with a guest character bad things happen. Will Kamis and Trelle find away to beat the laws of narrative causality or will Will Riker syndrome claim another victim?

10. October 21, 2012 at 3:08 pm — Reply

Wow, what an episode. My favorite kind — no combat! This does indeed, as someone said above, address the question of “What the heck is Orem’s problem, anyway?” It’s been nice to see as the show has progressed how much less racist and annoying Orem has become, and now you can clearly see where he learned that original attitude from.