Despite what Stephen’s backwoods Wal-Mart seems to think, the Halloween season is upon us, and you only have NINE DAYS to get your entry in for the 2012 Major Spoilers Costume Contest!  With some great prizes on the line, I’m a bit jealous that I’m not eligible, but then, I’ve never been much of one for costumes.  The last time I actually dressed as anyone other than :”a guy who looks kind of like Jonah Hill gone to seed” was probably Halloween ’08, where a co-worker and I were ordered to dress up as part of a work Halloween party. (We went as Jay and Silent Bob, but most people thought we were Michael Moore and Brett Michaels.)

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) adamantly will not smell your feet, asking: Whatcha gonna be for Halloween (or, alternately, what WOULD you be if you had money, motivation or time?)

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

WIZARDWORLD: Jon Bernthal to appear at Wizard World Austin Comic Con

MERCH: Uglydolls and Mimoco team for new USB drives

1. October 11, 2012 at 11:29 am — Reply

What I AM going to be is Elwood Blues. What I wish I could be is Iron Fist/Elongated Man.

• GeorgeDubya
      October 11, 2012 at 11:37 am — Reply

And here I was coming to say, “I’m not doing anything, but a friend and I always say we’re going to be the Blues Brothers one of these days.”

I normally go low budget lazy costumes. Last time I wore a costume (two years ago), I went as Santa on vacation (Santa hat, Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts).

• October 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm — Reply

My real problem is I’m too short to really be Dan Akroyd, but not fat enough to be John Belushi.

2. morpheus11
    October 11, 2012 at 11:50 am — Reply

If I had all the time and money required. I would love to have a costume of Ezio from the Assassin’s Creed games. I love that look.

3. Dan Hunter
    October 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm — Reply

Judge Dredd from the movie Dredd3d but nobody Stateside would know who I was because you didn’t go see the movie…tsk

4. October 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm — Reply

I have 4 kids and the wife is out f town. We are going to go as a Batman Rogues gallery.
    Me – Joker
    6 year boy – Riddler
    4 year girl – Harley Quinn
    2 year boy – Scarecrow
    7 month girl – Catwoman

5. Shush
    October 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Arthur Dent. That way I don’t really have to get dressed in the morning.

6. October 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm — Reply

If I had the money for materials, I’d love to be an Imperial Knight.
    Could probably manage it if I repainted some bits from my other costumes and “armors”, but I’d hate to lose the ones I worked so hard on.

This year I’m going to be a custom Star Sapphire as chaperon of a group.
    Me – Star Sapphire
    My Goddaughter – Indigo Tribe
    My friend’s 1 year old – Orange Lantern
    Another friend’s son – Green Lantern
    Another friend’s daughter – Black Lantern (she wanted to be a zombie GL until I showed her some Black Lantern images)

• Navarre
      October 12, 2012 at 8:10 am — Reply

And you’re finally going to find a camera and post this Star Sapphire pic, right? ;-)

7. October 12, 2012 at 12:22 am — Reply

I’m going to be carrying Mjolnir. When people ask me what I’m supposed to be, I tell them, “Worthy.”

• Navarre