Iron Man 3 is still in production, and there has been a general lack of cool behind the scenes images to surface around the Intardwebz.  But pictures do exist, and today we get to see the Extremis armor and the Iron Patriot side by side.

What is really cool is how big the costumes are compared to the average grip running around the set.

Iron Man 3 is scheduled to open on May 03, 2013.

NYCC'12: Oni Press and Bergen Street Comics announce convention signing party

MOVIES: New trailer for The Lone Ranger arrives

1. Sebastian
    October 3, 2012 at 10:06 am — Reply

So Iron Patriot would necessarily mean Norman Osborn? Maybe the next big thing for the Avengers is not Thanos but the Dark Avengers? I know it’s not but it definitely would be cool!

• October 3, 2012 at 11:21 am — Reply

Dark avenger would be cool as a second movie, peppered with threats of Thanos throughout leading to that story in the third. But I doubt that would happen. I’m sure this Iron Man story will be pretty independent of the avengers. However I would put my money on The Mandarin being behind that suit instead of Osborn.

2. TheGreatNateO
    October 3, 2012 at 11:37 am — Reply

I think these where taken down in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Just 30min from my house. Wish I could get down there to watch. Dame you RWJ!!!!!!$

3. October 3, 2012 at 5:55 pm — Reply

Any chance this is war machine? I mean, being military and all that and considering Captain America was forced to wear a similar flag themed costume…

• October 4, 2012 at 12:19 am — Reply

Yeah, the word is that it’s Rhodey in the Iron Patriot armor – no Dark Avengers/Norman Osborne this go around.

4. October 4, 2012 at 2:19 am — Reply

I personally think that Iron Man armor looks terrible. Too much gold.