So the official press release announcing Xavier’s “Ultimate Sacrifice” has landed.  AND if you haven’t picked up Avengers vs. X-Men, for gosh-darn sakes Spoilerites, don’t take the jump because those pages are there, after the jump!

Press Release

In the move that shocked and saddened comic book fans worldwide, beloved super hero Professor Charles Xavier meets his demise today in Avengers VS. X-Men #11. In the penultimate chapter of the biggest comic book story in 2012, superstar creators Brian Michael Bendis and Olivier Coipel rally the forces of the Marvel Universe against the final two members of the seemingly all-powerful Phoenix Five—Cyclops and Emma Frost. But as this epic battle rages, Cyclops makes a decision that not only takes the life of the man who formed the X-Men and raised him like a son, but that also may damn both the Avengers and the X-Men!

“When we first crafted Avengers VS. X-Men, we didn’t set out to kill any characters but as the story progressed it became obvious that this had to be the last stand of Charles Xavier”, said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “He’s one of my favorite characters and while like all fans I’m sad to see him perish, both Brian and Olivier deliver a powerful, dramatic conclusion to his story. Rest assured his death will reverberate across the Marvel Universe, leading into major launches like Uncanny Avengers and All-New X-Men this fall.”

Then, on October 3rd, the dramatic conclusion to the series arrives in Avengers VS X-Men #12, as the remaining Marvel super heroes launch their final assault on the Phoenix Five and the force that threatens to consume all of reality. Once this battle ends, nothing with be the same for the Avengers, the X-Men or anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

Plus, Join the Marvel ReEvolution as Marvel brings fans even more value to their comics reading experience. Every issue of Avengers VS. X-Men comes packaged with a code for a FREE digital copy on the Marvel Comics app and with exclusive, behind the scenes extras via the Marvel AR app powered by Aurasma.

Don’t forget to get your copy of Avengers VS. X-Men #11, the comic everyone’s talking about, on sale now in comic shops everywhere, on the Marvel Comics app, and the all-new Marvel Comics Webstore!

For more on Avengers VS. X-Men, please visit http://avx.marvel.com

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #11 (JUL120528)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by OLIVIER COIPEL
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
ON SALE NOW

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #12 (JUL120535)
Written by JASON AARON
Penciled by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
ON SALE – 10/3/12

via Marvel

Press Release

Press Release

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Trapped In The Drive-Thru Edition

DRAGON*CON: Parade of pictures

1. Vince
    September 12, 2012 at 12:25 pm — Reply

Ummm, Spoiler Alert?

• TaZ
      September 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm — Reply

It’s in the first paragraph before the jump…

• September 12, 2012 at 7:59 pm — Reply

It’s in the title! I heard someone died, but had avoided being spoiled. I had thought I could peruse some of the other articles on the site and come back to AvX after I read it. Sheesh.

2. Skruff
    September 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm — Reply

Uhm, yeah… I mean, I know MAJOR SPOILERS is the name of your website and all, but the title of the article is a little blatant and kind of hard to avoid.

• September 12, 2012 at 1:23 pm — Reply

It’s on a lot of news sites as well. We were all going to see it eventually. I’m just glad this site is living up to its name. :)

I’d, honestly, rather see it here first than anywhere else.

3. Anthony
    September 12, 2012 at 1:43 pm — Reply

I think this is Chuck’s third actual death. If we include fake-out deaths, I we must be up to 5. Of course, it remains to be seen if this is a real death or fake-out death. :)

4. Russ Catt
    September 12, 2012 at 2:01 pm — Reply

The only thing about this post that pisses me off is the “RUSSELL ALERT!” at the top.
    On behalf of all the non-troll spoilerites who also happen to be named Russell, I just want to say it feels a little strange to see your name splashed in caps on a post.
    It makes me all, “Oh, no! What did i do to get my name up on the site in that manner. Wait, it wasn’t me. It was that bizarro-Russell who pissed Stephen off (with cause) years ago. Curse you, bizarro-Russell! You’re dragging the rest of us down with your shenanigans!”
    Yeah… like that.

5. September 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm — Reply

No kidding! You don’t put that kind of stuff in the title of a post. Guess which site I won’t be reading any more. Not because I’m mad, but I just don’t want to risk a spoiler like this. I don’t mind it if I’m looking for it, and I click through to read it, but at least give me the option!

• September 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm — Reply

Keep in mind this is a press release, and the title above is the title that Marvel wrote to include with the press release… In other words, Marvel spoiled the issue in its own press release title… not Major Spoilers. If you are offended and don’t come back, we understand, and are sorry to see you go.

• J_Michael_T
        September 12, 2012 at 4:22 pm — Reply

I blame USA Today :)

• September 13, 2012 at 10:12 am — Reply

Oh I’ll be back. See, I’m already back. You guys keep me in the know on all the stuff I don’t read. I just didn’t even have the chance to read this one yet. Odd of them to put that in a title. I guess they were hoping to get more press for it like they did when they offed Cap.

• September 13, 2012 at 10:20 am — Reply

That is exactly why Marvel did it, and why they coordinated with the NY Daily News to release the information at midnight instead of after 10:00 AM EDT.

6. Gary
    September 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm — Reply

“When we first crafted Avengers VS. X-Men, we didn’t set out to kill any characters”

I’m going to cal bull crap on that.

7. Ricco
    September 12, 2012 at 4:16 pm — Reply

Until I read this I wasn’t sure he was still alive, I vaguely remember him taking a bullet tot he head from Bishop last time I read anything with him…

8. Ian
    September 12, 2012 at 6:19 pm — Reply

Man that art is horrible

9. Michael
    September 12, 2012 at 7:02 pm — Reply

Y’know, after the stuff Chuck pulled in the last few years, he kinda had it coming.

• September 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm — Reply

I’m going to have to agree with that one. I mean the idea behind old school Charles.. yea.. but he’s really just become kind of a douche.. though I did like how it played out to his death I just wish there was another 5 pages of battle leading up to it.

10. September 13, 2012 at 1:49 am — Reply

So he is dead. Again. This time it’s not Mimic. Boring, because the countdown for his return is running. Again. So who’s next?

11. Rob
    September 13, 2012 at 8:46 am — Reply

Oh no! What will the X-Men do without Professor X… For awhile…