Let’s be honest with ourselves, we all wanted to cry when SPOILERS Agent Coulson took one for the team in The Avengers. Some have speculated that he will rise again as The Vision, and one talented fan went as far creating a bust to show us what he might look like.

Whether this ever happens or not, that is some mighty fine craftsmanship. Do you like the idea of Coulson coming back from the dead to become The Vision inside the Marvel Movie Universe? Let us know down in the comments.

via Geekscape

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

REVIEW: The Flash Annual #1

1. September 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm — Reply

It would make sense if they are using Vision to infiltrate the team. Coulson is already a face they trust and would make the Avengers even more vulnerable to his betrayal.

2. MonkeyBrains
    September 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm — Reply

This is great. And a very interesting idea re: Agent Coulson/The Vision!

3. September 1, 2012 at 7:03 pm — Reply

Man, I hope they at least consider doing this. It’d be a great way to riff on the Wonder Man/Vision storyline without forcing it too much & too quickly into the movie-verse.

• September 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm — Reply

I get that you’ve grown attached to the character Agent Coulson but at the end of the day it doesn’t really make any sense for Marvel comics to bring him back as a half human half machine Vision.

The biggest point here is the fact that he is dead.So if they were hoping to bring Agent Coulson back, it wouldn’t really be him would it? All they would have is a body without a soul and even if they succeeded in turning him into a machine, this would be no different then when Victor Frankenstein bringing a dead corpse to life.

In other words a body with no memory of who they once were.

Last time I checked, Vision was all machine.I say, let the man rest in peace.It’s time for some fresh blood to join the team, while some familiar faces will be coming back.

• September 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm — Reply

In his first appearances, Vision’s brain patterns were copied off Simon “Wonder Man” Williams, which is what I think they’re working towards here. As a synthezoid, he was not purely a machine, as he had emotions and a full range of functionality, even impregnating his wife at one point before it was retconned away.

4. Luis Dantas
    September 2, 2012 at 7:34 am — Reply

I’m not sure what the point of changing the Vision from a Hank Pym indirect creation to a… what? A reincarnation of sorts? would be.

I would certainly like to see the Vision, but I’m not all that fond of Agent Coulson (or of that over-meddling version of SHIELD from the movies continuity) and the Vision is at its best as a true synthetic man anyway.

• Allen2Saint
      September 2, 2012 at 11:03 am — Reply

I’m with you. The Avengers as a SHIELD initiative? Screw that. They’re superhoeroes.

5. AllenBT
    September 2, 2012 at 9:01 am — Reply

Coulson’s death was the catalyst for the team. He’s the movie’s Uncle Ben. Bringing him back cheapens that. The team’s ultra powerful members always need to remember a good man with no special abilities died because they didn’t step up to the plate when they had the chance. Better to leave him dead. These are the movies. If you like the character so much, you can always tell stories in flash backs.

Or run a series of shorts, of the the Shield characters reminiscing about him.

6. Oldcomicfan
    September 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm — Reply

I agree, bringing Agent Coulson back from the dead would completely negate the good that came from it, and cheapen it, so, of course, Marvel will do it. But who the heck is the Vision? I’ve been reading comics since the 60s and I have no memory of The Vision. He must be either recent or so obscure to have escaped notice.

7. CMonocle
    September 2, 2012 at 1:52 pm — Reply

Coulson as the Vision could still be a tragic character. Perhaps even not retaining full memory from life. That kind of thing. I think it could work.

8. September 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm — Reply

I totally agree with you both as well.This isn’t Robo Cop and Vision is a sentient machine.I don’t understand why people are hoping and wishing that they go all Cyborg on the man and have him come back as Vision.It doesn’t make any sense at all.

9. b003
    September 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm — Reply

Trust the movies and Ultimates to screw everything up. I’d rather see him as Machine Man or an LMD.