It all comes to an end in October with the release of Avengers vs. X-Men #12.  Marvel sent out a new teaser image that puts Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force front and center.

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #12 (JUL120535)
Written by JASON AARON
Penciled by ADAM KUBERT

Who will win?  Marvel wants you to take to Twitter with the #avx tag, though I think many of you will use the comment section below to fight it out… with words.

Avengers vs. X-Men #12 arrives October 03, 2012.

via Marvel

BCC'12: Convention schedule announced

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: I Thought Dennis Hopper Was Pretty Good Edition

1. Sydness
    August 29, 2012 at 11:48 am — Reply

It was only a matter of time *sighs*

• marcosfv
      August 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm — Reply

I still don’t believe in Marvel. I’m sorry. Though I would really love to see Jean back, not an alternative teenage version, I still think Quesada is just mocking us. Again.

• Sydness
        August 31, 2012 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Last time they did this when I was paying attention it would up being Colossus. Maybe this time it will be Nightcrawler?

2. Russ Catt
    August 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm — Reply

I might not be able to tell who wins, but the loser is obvious: The poor people who still had hope (not the Summers kind) when this series started.

3. August 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm — Reply

Are we sure that’s Jean Grey and not Hope Summers? Seriously, I have no idea how anyone could have followed this “event” due to the number of crossover issues and having to deal with a 12 issue series. Even if they put the series together in a full edition it’s still hard to follow. There is such a thing as “too much”.

4. August 29, 2012 at 4:45 pm — Reply

I have to say, I agree with Taz. The body-shape in that picture seems a lot more like a teenage girl than like old-school Phoenix.

• Mike
      August 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm — Reply

It would be nice, but Hope (at least the way she’s drawn in anything I’ve read with her in it, doesn’t have curly hair, nor is it that long. That being said, I suppose it could be a swerve to make us think it’s Jean. That also being said, I don’t hold that much faith in Quesada to actually give us something that would make more sense than bringing Jean back from the dead, except at a time/dimension/other-tired-gimmick when she was a teenager.

5. VBlazer
    August 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm — Reply

It’s Wanda duh……

6. Oldcomicfan
    August 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm — Reply

Well, since you know everything has to go back to the way it was before the series started A.) What’s the difference? and B.) Who cares? Read about the death and resurection of Jean Gray so many time I got whiplash.

7. Arbor Day
    August 30, 2012 at 2:21 am — Reply

What is Rachel Summers doing during all this?

8. August 30, 2012 at 4:57 am — Reply

I’ve been wondering about Rachel Summers ever since they introduced Hope. Also: if that picture is supposed to be Hope Summers, she got a really nice set of hair extensions somewhere along the way.

9. George
    August 30, 2012 at 7:55 am — Reply

Its Emma Frost. Jean’s been inhabiting her mind since Emma and Scott got caught mentally doing “it”.

• Mike
      August 30, 2012 at 8:24 am — Reply

Now THAT would be a good swerve. I can’t be the only one who despises Emma Frost as a character, can I?

10. August 30, 2012 at 10:15 am — Reply

Scott finally loses it completely and starts dressing as his dead ex-wife. Bet you didn’t see THAT coming.

11. b003
    August 30, 2012 at 8:55 pm — Reply

Sure that’s not one of Scott’s other Reds?