Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Gross… what’s that slimy stuff coming out of your back!?

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Gen Con '12: Friday Picture Gallery

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Child Of Light And Darkness Edition

1. August 18, 2012 at 10:05 am — Reply

Wow… My audio is really weird here. I need a new headset.

2. August 18, 2012 at 10:11 am — Reply

Just wait until the episodes after you dump water all over your computer

3. andy
    August 18, 2012 at 6:31 pm — Reply

What was the onstar joke?

• Awarmcupofjoe
      August 19, 2012 at 5:34 am — Reply

I was wondering too…

• GeorgeDubya
        August 19, 2012 at 10:41 am — Reply

I apparently replied on the wrong comment earlier.

The Onstar joke was fairly early in the episode. Rodrigo made a Space Jam joke about the MonStars, told Stephen he could edit it out, and Stephen made a joke about the word Monstar as if it was Onstar. It was right as the flea appeared.

4. August 18, 2012 at 7:17 pm — Reply

I haven’t finished listening yet, but I LOVE Rodrigo’s monster descriptions. Really makes you want to shudder in revulsion.

• GeorgeDubya
      August 18, 2012 at 8:31 pm — Reply

It was fairly early in the episode. Rodrigo made a Space Jam joke about the MonStars, told Stephen he could edit it out, and Stephen made a joke about the word Monstar as if it was Onstar. It was right as the flea appeared.

5. GeorgeDubya
    August 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm — Reply

I listened to this episode as I was heading to Indianapolis for GenCon this morning and enjoyed the whole thing, especially Camus (sp?) and her magical lizard.

I also put some of the later episodes from last season on my iPhone to listen to during the drive, and was delighted to hear Matthew make a reference to “Orem’s sister the Lizard Wizard.” Very nice work incorporating that into the actual continuity Rodrigo.

6. Ricco
    August 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Gotta love when Rodrigo casually mentions “Oh yeah, thess guys put you prone every time they hit and also you guys are blind”.

7. August 18, 2012 at 11:47 pm — Reply

The Torquelscones! Made me laugh out loud.

• August 19, 2012 at 10:18 pm — Reply

Me too.

• XantharTheFlame
      October 29, 2012 at 3:56 pm — Reply

That and the “MonStar” joke by Stephen were the best this episode. Thanks for not editing that out!

8. Marco
    August 20, 2012 at 1:32 am — Reply

This show get funnier every time. “Epic Bakery!” and “Adriana traffic reporter” were hilarious.
    I love Rodrigo’s monsters, the combat became so interesting with all those weird effects going on. Even if Adriana didn’t get to explode things much.

9. August 21, 2012 at 12:35 am — Reply

Great episode. You guys almost made me crash a few times when I couldn’t breathe. The TorqleScones joke was FAR funnier to me than it should have been, even though it was funny already. On a side note, every time I picture Randus using Battlefist Smash, this pops into my head.

10. XantharTheFlame
    October 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm — Reply

Maybe my memory is the pits, but has Orem *ever* hit anything with the actual attack roll using flaming sphere, either on the initial attack or on the rare occasion when he chooses to use it as his attack later in the fight? I know it’s a handy little spell because it only takes a minor action to sustain and it keeps on trucking for minor damage most rounds, but I’d love to someday see Orem actually do some damage with it!

• October 29, 2012 at 4:07 pm — Reply

Yes. Yes he has.

• XantharTheFlame
        October 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm — Reply

Well, that’s good and bad. Good for Orem, but bad for me! Now I’ll have to listen to all the “pods of casting” again to find that spot just for the glory moment. Oh well, there are worse fates in life. Unless Adriana knows off the top of her head of course… Thanks for the reply!

11. Kenneth Tan
    May 30, 2013 at 10:22 pm — Reply

I totally was singing “Wave of Mutilation” at 18:00 before Matthew said “wa-a-ave” softly… Lol…