This week and last, the Major Spoilers Crew has taken a look at the Tim Sale/Jeph Loeb Marvel team-ups with color themes.  So we wonder, what is the best of the Marvel “color” books?

What is the best Marvel "color" team up with Loeb and Sale?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Archie #636

Major Spoilers Podcast #436: Daredevil Yellow

1. Dan
    August 14, 2012 at 1:02 pm — Reply

Okay wow. I never get 1st vote on something. But yes Spider-Man: Blue is my favorite from Sale/Loeb. My main thing is that Spider-Man has for me a better story. It shows him as a more “real” character to me. On top of that I just don’t care as much about Daredevil or the Hulk. The art is just fantastic in blue, the multiple shades just work for me and give it that cool jazzy feel. Its almost like we are seeing inside Peters soul world and how upset he feels over the loss of Gwen and how conflicted he felt betraying her for Mary Jane. Thinking about it more if I had read Spider-Man before being introduced to the cartoon series in the mid-90’s I would have gone “Bleh” and not watched it if I had known more about Gwen.

So thats my two cents.

2. Andreas
    August 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm — Reply

When in doubt – Hulk Smash!!!

3. foolsmask
    August 14, 2012 at 2:04 pm — Reply

Why isn’t there an “I haven’t read any of these.” option? Because I haven’t, but I have a very limited comic budget and these characters aren’t’ my first choice.

4. Lee Smith (SawHat on BGG)
    August 14, 2012 at 2:10 pm — Reply

I haven’t read any of these. White and gray really aren’t colors, so I voted for blue, cause I don’t like Daredevil’s yellow costume.

5. Russ Catt
    August 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm — Reply

I’m sorry guys. I haven’t gotten around to read any of these books yet. No vote for me this week.

6. gilberto nieves
    August 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm — Reply

why is the captain america white up there? they never got around to putting the series out, did they?

• N
      August 14, 2012 at 4:32 pm — Reply

That’s what I thought. I only remember Marvel putting out the #0 issue and nothing since.

• August 14, 2012 at 6:47 pm — Reply

The number zero issue came out in ’08…

7. Goofball814
    August 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm — Reply

Did Marvel ever complete Captain America: White? I only remember 1 or 2 issues?

8. Georgedubya
    August 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm — Reply

As I’ve only read Spider-man Blue, I’m not going to vote in this week’s poll because Matthew would get mad if I voted and then said “Well this one because it’s the only one I know about.”

I only commented here to give Stephen something to ignore.