The dog days of summer are here, and though the heat, humidity, and the back to school sales are driving us crazy, there are still a few bits of news and information that filled our week.
- More creative teams for Marvel NOW! titles have been announced, including X-Men Legacy, Captain America, FF, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Indestructible Hulk, and more!
- Top Cow hit its target and then some with the Cyber Force Kickstarter campaign. Will this be the start of something new? Gail Simone thinks so, announcing her own Kickstarter project this week.
- In order to hit the monthly release schedule, a number of guest writers and artists are stepping in to fill upcoming DC issues.
- Speaking of DC, a big rumor circulated early in the week that Ben Affleck was in talks to direct the Justice League movie. Denials have been stated, but we wonder if this is real, or a big wish?
- For those wanting to see the 48fps version of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit may be disappointed, as the studios have opted to go for a super limited release.
- On the plus side, Joss Whedon is back to write and direct Avengers 2.
- Marvel may extend the Daredevil deadline to get some Fantastic Four characters, even though more denials were made on all sides of the negotiation table.
That was the week that was…