Some days, it’s not even worth the price of admission to wake up.  Phil Connors discovered the power of turning a bad day inside out, but he had the advantage of nigh-immortality to help push him along that path. Having managed to pour a glass of water into my laptop moments before the recording of our latest Major Spoilers Podcast, I have been ruminating about the nature of the do-over in pop culture, and wondering if the chance to be a better Bill Murray and winning Andie MacDowell is worth the possibility of becoming Ashton Kutcher without any hands.  Or, for that matter, ANY type of Ashton Kutcher…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) knows that you wanted more than Channel 9, Pittsburg, asking:  If you were given the option to travel back in time and change something, would you take the risk, knowing that doing it might make things worse?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

SNEAK PEEK: Anti #1

REVIEW: Ultimate Spider-Man #13

1. The crazy 8
    August 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm — Reply

Yes. I would make sure firefly wasn’t cancelled. Because theres nothing wrong that could happen there.

• August 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Nathan Fillion as a bloated Elvis-like uber-Shatner, coasting on the success of the show, telling us all to get a life and mocking Browncoats as “NERRRDS.”

2. August 1, 2012 at 12:09 pm — Reply

3. Rome
    August 1, 2012 at 12:10 pm — Reply

No, seems too dangerous. Especially cause I have it pretty good, and who knows what insignificant detail could change my life course entirely.

Now traveling forward to alter events, that’s another story entirely, and one I would totally get involved in.

4. Alexander D.
    August 1, 2012 at 12:38 pm — Reply

Without a doubt. Even if it meant blowing up the time-space continuum, I would go back in time.

5. August 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm — Reply

While I normally come to the conclusion that changing things is bad thanks to Doctor Who, there is one event I would change in a heartbeat. I really don’t think there could be a bad outcome to her not dying, though, since it isn’t like I’m affecting something major like killing Hitler or stopping Lincoln from getting shot.

6. Zachariah
    August 1, 2012 at 6:18 pm — Reply

Yes. If I could go back and change one specific day of my life, then yes. Although this is being selfish as I am changing my history instead of world history. But less risk this way. And I can’t think of many ways that day could end up being worse. I would be trying to alter a really bad accident that destroyed my life. So if I could give myself a cold so I won’t leave the house or maybe just slash my car tires so I can’t leave the house, maybe things would turn out better.

7. Frank
    August 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm — Reply

Keep Elvis from having all those fried banana sandwiches.

8. Slappy
    August 1, 2012 at 10:28 pm — Reply

No, I am not wise or knowledgeable enough to try to make changes or even determine what changes would be ok to make.

9. Armaan
    August 2, 2012 at 4:40 am — Reply

Don’t we change the future EVERY time we make a decision?

If I could go back in time I’d change things all the time.