If you have made it to the theater for The Dark Knight Rises then you were treated with the first official trailer for Zach Synder’s Man of Steel. Well now Warner Brothers has released not only that trailer, but another with a change in the voice over. Check them out after the jump.

First, the Pa Kent voiced over trailer.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q3ZFCMhpY]

And now Jor-El doing the talking.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-toIu5JscE]

Two fathers talking over the same footage for two equally great first looks at the newest Superman adaptation. Every time I view these trailers I can’t help but think that Nolan has been a large guiding hand through Synder’s movie. Oh, and the lens flare over 2013 added a lot.

via Firstshowing

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

REVIEW: Skullkickers #16

REVIEW: Legion of Super-Heroes #11

1. Supergirls Dad
    July 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm — Reply

It is kind of odd to see the sea scenes. One guy, sitting behind me at the theater, kept going on and on about how an Aquaman movie would be stupid until he finally saw that it was Supes.

First off, I don’t think it an Aquaman movie would be as stupid as the guy complaining about it.

Second, I will be a little disappointed if Smallville is taken out or moved seaside.

• Arbor Day
      July 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm — Reply

Those scenes are exerts from the time between Smallville and Metropolis when Superman is supposedly walking the Earth to find himself.

2. July 21, 2012 at 3:01 pm — Reply

WOOOHOOO!!!

3. Frodo of the Nine Fingers
    July 21, 2012 at 5:37 pm — Reply

Did… did Gandalf die in this movie, too? That music… I’m… so… sad.

4. Dan
    July 21, 2012 at 9:30 pm — Reply

For the voice over with Jor-El I guess I hadn’t realized that Russell Crowe was playing that part. But I do have to say that it is kinda neat having Crowe doing it. So yeah I this might be a great movie. Can tell by the trailer its gonna blow TDK:Rises out of the water….because Superman is awesome.

5. July 21, 2012 at 11:58 pm — Reply

I love that Jor-El’s dialog is lifted completely from All-Star Superman.

• lordrandy
      July 22, 2012 at 7:10 pm — Reply

really did they do this?

6. Axeman
    July 22, 2012 at 7:14 am — Reply

Other than the jittery hand-held camera style, this looks good. Wasn’t sure about the actor but seeing him in this trailer, I think he could make a good superman.

7. aerohalen1
    July 22, 2012 at 11:05 am — Reply

meh

8. July 22, 2012 at 1:32 pm — Reply

It will be interesting to see how this old, old charakter will be relevant in 2012?

• aerohalen1
      July 22, 2012 at 5:45 pm — Reply

superman is a whole year older than batman(superman debuted 1938,bats 1939),age doesnt seem to make batman any less relevant today.

9. Oldcomicfan
    July 22, 2012 at 6:48 pm — Reply

It’s interesting to notice the Lord of the Rings music – though it’s not unusual for studios, when they fall on hard times, to “rent” assets to other studios. You’ll often see this in trailers for movies that aren’t far enough along for the musical score to have been recorded, but the most extreme case was the studio that did the movie “Tora Tora Tora”… they lost so much money on the picture that they sold the special effects many times over – watch this movie first and then watch ‘Midway’ and they used battle scenes from TTT over and over without alterations! They also used the same battle scenes for the tv mini-series “Pearl” and I’ve even seen the battle footage used in documentary films!

I’m glad for the explanation about the scenes in the trailer being Kal-el wandering the globe because my first thought was “what – are they making Pa Kent a norwegian fisherman???”

• Andrew H
      July 23, 2012 at 12:47 am — Reply

The music, while from Lord of the Rings, is a variant of Adagio in D Minor. It was used in Sunshine, Kick Ass and The Walking Dead to name 3. The main difference is the female vocals which aren’t in the others.

10. Oldcomicfan
    July 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm — Reply

The other thing that’s interesting is how the two different voice overs change the emotional response to the exact same footage! Very clever! Reminds me of how much better a movie Blade Runner is without the voice over from the theatrical release – but it’s the same exact movie footage!

11. lordrandy
    July 22, 2012 at 8:36 pm — Reply

hey theres a dude named byrne on IMDB played by some guy named Brad Kelly could it be? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/fullcredits#cast

12. Jeff
    July 23, 2012 at 7:20 am — Reply

I’m with aerohalen1 on this one. I love Henry Cavill (no, I mean seriously – I *love* Henry Cavill), but Emo-Superman has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.

Russel Crowe’s voice-over makes it even worse. I could buy into a forelorn and lost Clark/Kal-El/Superman trying to find himself in a world with no real knowledge of his Kyrptonian heritage and where Ma and Pa Kent:

A) never were, B) died young, C) took him in for the foster child money which they then blew on cigarettes and alcohol

But what I get from these teasers is that, just like Donner’s Superman, he was told from the time he was a fetus he was special and meant to inspire lesser humanbeings to greatness yada-yada fishsticks, develops incredible powers beyond those of normal men, and – let’s face – grows up to be a hottie and is *still* all sad and bent out of shape about his life.

To which I say: tough sh*t; I wish I had your problems. At least Peter Park was a wuss with acne and coke bottle glasses before he became a super-stud.

I’ll watch this at the dollar theater.

13. manglesmcgee
    July 24, 2012 at 7:27 am — Reply

Superman, Terrence Malick style.

14. August 31, 2012 at 9:37 pm — Reply

Funny. I watched the first one and thought, “Aw. They switched the teaser with next season of ‘The Deadliest Catch.'”

The idea of a “more down to Earth” Superman movie is that it could go either way. Supes is one of the most NON-down-to-Earth characters out there. But if they do it right, they can easily build him from humble Kansas boy to interstellar bad ass in a way that works. In any case, I’ll have to wait to see more.