Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

Lords of the Feywild

This episode: Orem made an Uh-Oh, and now the team must protect a Gnomish town.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_157.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump for the image from this episode.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

REVIEW: Harbinger #2

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Will You Won't You Will You Won't You Edition

1. Josh "Spaceboot" Treleaven
    July 21, 2012 at 2:48 pm — Reply

MOAR SINGING PLX!!1

But seriously, if you don’t think singing will go over in the podcast itself, I want to put in a request here for Matthew to collect all his song snippets and make an “album” (aka a collection of 99cent tracks on iTunes), including “Life in a Gnomish Town”.

2. Beren1
    July 21, 2012 at 7:14 pm — Reply

“MA-CAW” “POLLY WANNA KILL YOU!” hehe hehehe.

3. Gehrigan
    July 22, 2012 at 10:07 am — Reply

Hi Steven
    Are the photos in the reverse order?
    Loved the session and I felt sorry for those poor, terrified gnomes (bite-sized snacks). Poor Orem will be in therapy for weeks over this mistake.

4. Ricco
    July 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm — Reply

And then the party dies to the evils of really, really, REALLY bad dice rolls…

5. Antonio
    July 23, 2012 at 11:09 pm — Reply

I usually like the 2+ hour full fight podcasts, but I’m glad you split this one up, I could barely stand this cavalcade of FAIL. Speaking of fail, there are 2 things I’d like to see if you guys are aware of.

Steven, I was stoked to see the old flaming sphere! But I’ve been catching up with some old podcasts, and to my knowledge you have never used the sphere’s attack on a turn after you cast it! I guess it would compete with magic missile, but it wouldn’t provoke opportunity attacks!

Audrey, I think it’s important that you get the timing right on Disruptive Strike. Since it’s an immediate interrupt, I think you can call it after rodrigo announces the hit total. And since it imposes a penalty to the attack, you can actually make an attack miss that otherwise would have hit! Goes a lot further toward protecting your friends than just hoping you kill them with the attack.

I hope this this helpful, you guys are awesome!

6. XantharTheFlame
    October 23, 2012 at 5:12 pm — Reply

If I heard correctly, Rodrigo made a reference! At about 53 min. he says “Momma! Momma!” – which I think is from an old Mickey Mouse cartoon where he is trying to clean up Minnie’s yard and a little tornado causes havoc (which eventually cries for its Momma). Well played! You make rare references, but they are good ones.

I felt so badly for the poor gnomes in this town, and for the team – especially Orem – because of the inadvertent FAIL, and the subsequent parade of FAIL. I can’t wait to see how things turn out next ep. (and because I am listening to the well after it was posted “Hello future people!”, I will do that right now!)

XantharTheFlame